PDA

View Full Version : 3 Across question - FPSV Booster or Parkway

ctbarts
05-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Thanks to all for your advice regarding my booster purchase. I ordered a Sunshine Kids Monterey for DS who is 7 and apprx. 62# and 52 inches. The Monterey will be his primary seat, replacing his current Parkway. I can not wait to see the seat in person!

We have a 06 Honda Oddessy and there will be times when I need to carpool other 7 year olds and will need to fit 3 across the 3rd row. We have 2 parkways, but it sounds like it is likely that the Moneterey will not fit in a 3 across with the other 2 parkways. I am wondering if I should order the Fisher Price Safe Voage booster (which is $29.99) to have on hand to use in place of the monterey when we need to do 3 across (DH will never understand this, so I will need to keep it our sight :))

I am not that familiar with the FPSV booster, but think it may be similar to an old seat made by Britax.

Does anyone know if the FPSV booster will work 3 across with 2 Parkways? Is it a decent booster for occasional use or should I spend the $69.99 and get a spare Parkway, which seems like a lot to add to my occasional use stash of seats.

Also, do they still make the FPSV booster, or could these be old discontinued seats with a shorter life?

Thanks for your help!!!

o_mom
05-01-2008, 03:47 PM
The FPSV I ordered last fall was made in 7/06, so the stock is definately older. It is not as tall as the Parkway, so you may end up using it backless in there. I think the Starriser Comfy is still available somewhere and it is the same width but taller. I think they were last made in late 2005, so you would get 6-8 months less out of it.