PDA

View Full Version : Roundabout Vs Marathon for Toyota Rav4?

mauramcb
05-01-2008, 10:09 PM
I just had a roundabout installed in my little camry -- looks really great and is solid. I'm sold on Britax after speaking with the certified technician who installed it (he didn't say one seat brand was better than another, but you could tell from little things he said about Britax that they are safest). Now I'm thinking of buying another for our second car -- a 07 Rav4. Should I get the Marathon, as it is a bigger car? Or should I get a second Roundabout? I hear that the seat can cause a blindspot as it is really tall?

Your input is appreciated!

clb
05-02-2008, 10:52 PM
I am using a marathon in an accord. I am not having a problem with a blind spot, although it is in the center position. I ended up switching the roundabout for a marathon because of the additional height limits - baby is very tall. The person who installed my infant seat also suggested the marathon to me. At the time I was concerned the marathon was too big for my car and I was assured it would fit.

lorinick
05-03-2008, 04:05 AM
I just had a roundabout installed in my little camry -- looks really great and is solid. I'm sold on Britax after speaking with the certified technician who installed it (he didn't say one seat brand was better than another, but you could tell from little things he said about Britax that they are safest). Now I'm thinking of buying another for our second car -- a 07 Rav4. Should I get the Marathon, as it is a bigger car? Or should I get a second Roundabout? I hear that the seat can cause a blindspot as it is really tall?

Your input is appreciated!
Go with the Marathon. I have the Blvd. in a Saturn Vue there is no blind spot it fits great. And you will not have to worry about your child growing out for a while. You get 65lb and alot more height than the roundabout. Which for me would get me to about 2.5 -3 tops. Hope that helps.

mauramcb
05-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Thanks for your advice!!