PDA

View Full Version : Narrow Convertible?

roxymn
05-02-2008, 01:20 AM
Hi all,

I'm looking for suggestions for a narrow RF convertible seat. We need to get 3 seats across in a Trailblazer. The seat would go with a Parkway and a FF MA.

Thanks!

Joann

Neatfreak
05-02-2008, 01:49 AM
The Radian (65 or 80) is a narrow convertible!

roxymn
05-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Thanks so much for the recommendation! How easy or challenging is the installation on the Radian (both RF and FF)? Other than my Graco Snugride, I've only owned Britax and am pretty spoiled and feeling like a bit of an "old dog."

Joann

bubbaray
05-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Depends on what vehicle you are installing it in.

ETA: Depends on the year of your TB, what position and what kind of belts you are using or LATCH (not sure if you can get 3 across in that vehicle using LATCH).

HTH

Piglet
05-02-2008, 07:50 PM
I am doing the exact same arrangement (Parkway, FF MA and RF Radian) in my 2000 Mazda Protege. If it fits in my compact car, I am sure it will fit in your Trailblazer!

August Mom
05-02-2008, 07:59 PM
I was going to say Radian too. I have successfully installed it FFing in a Toyota Prius and Toyota Camry with completely different seats (Prius is very flat, almost bench-like while the Camry has a huge angle to work with) and RFing in the Camry. The boot that you have to attach for RFing install really worked well with the steep angle I have. As for installation, it really does depend. I struggle a bit installing it in the Prius and my first couple attempts installing it on the passenger side of the Camry. However, I got it in rock solid on all attempts on the driver side of the Camry, RFing and FFing. I don't know why that is. I did get it rock solid on the passenger side as well, but finally just completely unhooked it and started over.

It is not as easy for me overall as Britax. However, I don't think you'll find anything other than a Britax that is. The LATCH connectors are the same on the Britax and Radian. However, while you can adjust each LATCH strap separately with Britax, on the Radian, you are tightening from 1 side. So, that makes it a little more difficult IMO. I have no experience with belt installs on either seat.

If I were you, I'd get the Radian from someplace I could return it if it didn't install well and try it out. (You can order from target.com and return to the store or get the return insurance at elitecarseats.com).

Good luck.

roxymn
05-03-2008, 08:45 AM
Thanks everyone! This has all been very helpful. As suggested I'll probably get it from someplace I can return it if I can't get it to work. I'll probably have to try different placements for the seats and with seatbelt or LATCH install. BTW, it's a '04 Trailblazer.

Joann