PDA

View Full Version : I'm so excited - I passed my glucose test!

sarahsthreads
05-02-2008, 01:36 PM
I had problems with my one-hour test and my anemia check with my last pregnancy, and I hadn't heard back from the midwife about my results from last week (they only call if there's a problem, and I assumed the worst: that they didn't even get the results!) So today I gave in and called her - and both results were great! I do feel *so* much better overall this time around, although a lot more tired because I have DD (3.5) to chase and occupy all day and I'm working a part-time retail job instead of a full-time desk job, but I completely expected to have to take the three hour test and deal with iron supplements.

Now if I can avoid the pregnancy-induced hypertension that started at 33 weeks (I'm almost 29 weeks now) things will be fabulous!

Sorry, I just had to share my excitement!

Sarah :)

Wife_and_mommy
05-02-2008, 02:15 PM
That is such great news! Thumbs up for keeping yourself healthy and low-risk. :)

shaee
05-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Glad everything is well with you.

My 1 hr glucose test came too high and i was worried sick. Then when i went in for the 3-hour test. Everything turned out great with those results.. I was so relieved as well.

Still abit anemic but not enough to take iron supplement.... Just so happy that things r working out great!! ;)

Otherwise the thought of visiting doctor every week for insulin and other stuff was driving me crazy!!!

elephantmeg
05-02-2008, 03:29 PM
yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!

ThreeofUs
05-02-2008, 03:45 PM
Oh, yay! Glad to hear you passed!

sarahsthreads
05-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Thanks everyone! I can't believe there's only 11 or so weeks to go before I get to meet this little one. Seems like such a short amount of time - but then again it seems like forever away!

Sarah :)