PDA

View Full Version : SIL, what a b!tch!!!!

katydid1971
05-02-2008, 02:26 PM
OK so for DD's birth present SIL painted her a picture, It says her name in very bright letters (I have decorated her nursary in very muted pastels). It came Wednesday after 5pm. DS currently has pink eye and DD is three weeks old. If I'm not dealing with one or both of them (I'm nursing as I type this) I'm cleaning up or trying to get some rest!!! Thursday MIL calls and asks if we ever received the painting because SIL hasn't heard fron us how much we like it yet. WTF!!!! we haven't even had it 24 hours yet and we DON'T like it, it's not like I don't have tons of other things to do than call her intantly and say "Wow, what a painting, we have no idea where to hang it, would you mind if we hang it in the garage!?!?" Why the heck is she complaining to my MIL that I haven't thanked her yet when I've only had it 1 day?!?! Is she trying to make trouble for me, what the heck is her problem?!?! What a b!tch!!!

karstmama
05-02-2008, 02:38 PM
sorry you're dealing with extra on your plate.

maybe hang it in the bathroom behind the door? :D

and at least in your mind tell your mil that you have on the order of *months* to write thank-yous and get off your back!

bubbaray
05-02-2008, 02:59 PM
OK so for DD's birth present SIL painted her a picture, It says her name in very bright letters (I have decorated her nursary in very muted pastels). It came Wednesday after 5pm. DS currently has pink eye and DD is three weeks old. If I'm not dealing with one or both of them (I'm nursing as I type this) I'm cleaning up or trying to get some rest!!! Thursday MIL calls and asks if we ever received the painting because SIL hasn't heard fron us how much we like it yet. WTF!!!! we haven't even had it 24 hours yet and we DON'T like it, it's not like I don't have tons of other things to do than call her intantly and say "Wow, what a painting, we have no idea where to hang it, would you mind if we hang it in the garage!?!?" Why the heck is she complaining to my MIL that I haven't thanked her yet when I've only had it 1 day?!?! Is she trying to make trouble for me, what the heck is her problem?!?! What a b!tch!!!

Yeah, hang it in the bathroom. I'd go with closer to the toilet -- maybe lower down if you get my drift....

MamaMolly
05-02-2008, 04:44 PM
'Oh dear! I didn't call because I just didn't have the words to tell her...We just loooooved it, but it got smashed in the mail. Into teenie-tiny pieces. How heartbreaking!'

;) Now go get that hammer and get busy!

Mommy Of A Little Angel
05-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Alright well you know them better than I but from some experience in similar situations, perhaps your SIL wasn't complaining. My own mother tends to do this between my brother and I. She will ask if I sent something for nephew's birthday and I will say "yes, I got it in the mail yesterday". She will then say to my brother "Oh, did you get the gift yet? Your sister hasn't heard anything!" Yeah, years of problems before we figured this one out.

Of course, if your SIL really expects a response in less than 24 hours she is on crack. :bouncy:

cdlamis
05-02-2008, 05:32 PM
[quote=Mommy Of A Little Angel]Alright well you know them better than I but from some experience in similar situations, perhaps your SIL wasn't complaining. My own mother tends to do this between my brother and I. She will ask if I sent something for nephew's birthday and I will say "yes, I got it in the mail yesterday". She will then say to my brother "Oh, did you get the gift yet? Your sister hasn't heard anything!" Yeah, years of problems before we figured this one out.

That is exactly what I was thinking. My mom does the same thing!

Edensmum
05-02-2008, 09:19 PM

Sorry it's not to your liking, but she surely didn't intend that. I understand you are overwhelmed at the moment, but I think calling her a bitch for taking the time to make you a gift is OTT to say the least.

schums
05-02-2008, 10:07 PM
I don't think the OP was calling her SIL a b!tch for sending the gift (however revolting it might be). I think she was annoyed that her SIL (through the MIL) was upset that the gift hadn't been acknowledged within 24 hours of receiving it.

OP, hope the kids feel better!!

gatorsmom
05-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Sorry it's not to your liking, but she surely didn't intend that. I understand you are overwhelmed at the moment, but I think calling her a bitch for taking the time to make you a gift is OTT to say the least.

Um, isnt' this the bitching post? Don't we all come here to whine about whatever we want? She's obviously having a bad day. I say, let her vent!

elizabethkott
05-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Would you like to hang it in the gallery of atrocious art next to the LARGE bowl of fruit the Joneses gave us? :D

MontrealMum
05-02-2008, 11:10 PM
We get the whole "he said, she said" thing via DH's parents too - it's very junior high and not much fun.

If you want more company in the wall of atrocities, I would be happy to include the gift my SIL finally sent DS when he was 4 mos. old. I'm not sure if it's a quilt (in which case he can't use it - umm SIDS?), play mat, or something to be hung on the wall. It has no washing instructions, is stiff as a board, and doesn't match a single color in use in our home (and I am not the matchy matchy sort - so that's hard to do!). Oh, it's ugly too. Sorry, not intending to hijack here. Just trying to say, aren't families fun? ;) Vent, b!tch, and get your perfunctory thank-you out in a few weeks. Then do whatever YOU want with the gift. The hammer sounds good, but I'm also thinking rummage sale...tho you might not want to inflict it on others. Hope it gets easier and everyone's on the road to recovery soon.
ETA: not complaining about receiving a gift per se which is ungrateful, but about the drama queen incident that preceded it in which we were blamed for every horrific event in SIL's life, and about what a great aunt she was. Since she was just so very interested in DS that she: called immediately, sent a gift, sent a card, bothered to visit - or none of the above.

GeekLady
05-03-2008, 12:22 PM
It can keep company the absolutely hideous and saccharine statue of an angel we got as a wedding gift from my husband's godparents. In the dumpster.

If they ever ask, it was 'lost' during our last move. Oh it was wonderful to fling it into the dumpster.

karstmama
05-03-2008, 01:44 PM
hey, i got little magnetic picture frames that i *know* were regifted since my mama was the original giver -and- shampoo & conditioner for colored hair from my uncle's wife for christmas. (which i sincerely think were regifted. my hair is 'enhanced' back to the dark red-brown it used to be, and hers is wildly tomatoy-purpley orange...) jameson got a huge stuffed fish that moves its lips & sings 'kokomo' when he was in the hospital last time from them. it boggles the mind...