PDA

View Full Version : WDW and DL

bubbaray
05-02-2008, 03:12 PM
We're debating between WDW and DL. DL is only a 2 hr flight for us (and DH and I have been multiple times before we had kids), but I've always wanted to go WDW.

Can anyone recommend on-resort suites property at either resort? We need a bedroom for the DDs so that DH and I don't need to go to sleep at 7:30pm!

Also, I've heard early December is a good time to go to WDW. Is this also a good time for DL??

Lastly, is early December still hurricane season in FL???

TIA!

karstmama
05-02-2008, 03:26 PM
can't help with much but the last - nov 1 is end of hurricane season. but not all hurricanes read the papers! ;)

Tondi G
05-02-2008, 08:06 PM
AS far as I know you can get a suite at the Disneyland hotel and probably the Grand Californian. I would think price wise it might be cheaper to book two adjoining standard rooms as opposed to a suite! If you choose the Disneyland Hotel opt for Pool view rooms not the downtown disney rooms. we had DD view rooms once and the noise and music thumping till after midnight got old fast!

early December could be great for Disneyland but you could encounter some colder weather and possibly rain. Might not make for great swimming weather and my kiddos love the pool at the D-land hotel! Could also get a heatwave and it could be perfect! Never know! The resort and parks will be totally decorated for the holidays though which is beautiful!!!!

AS far as I know Hurricane season ends in November... I am pretty sure early december is a great time for Disney World. Again their decorations will be up!

we are looking at a 2009 WDW trip... it will be a first for our whole family! Good Luck planning and I would make your decision and Book soon!

AddiesMom
05-03-2008, 06:39 AM
As for WDW, hurricane season is over in Dec. I think it ends in October. It is a wonderful time to go since the parks are decorated for Christmas, but it can get cool and rain (and then the next day could be 80 and sunny!)

As for a hotel, it all depends on your price range. You can spend under $100 a night for a room or in the hundreds. I recommend taking the "Unofficial Guide" to WDW out of the library. I heard the All Star Resorts put in some suites but I am not positive.

Neatfreak
05-03-2008, 07:12 AM
We stayed at on-resort at WDW at the Boardwalk Villas about fourteen months ago, and it was more than we wanted to spend, but admittedly a really good place to stay for several reasons:

- separate bedroom (and there was a PnP tucked in the closet, btw)
- washing machine and dryer ensuite
- refridgerator, and we could buy milk and bread at the general store on the boardwalk
- we could actually walk to MGM and Epcot from this location, or catch a boat

Momof3Labs
05-03-2008, 11:12 AM
At WDW, look at the Ft Wilderness cabins or the suites at All-Stars resorts for the most budget-friendly suite options. Or just book two rooms at the resort of your choice - that's almost always cheaper than suites at Disney.

Early Dec is wonderful, and on 4-5 trips at that time of year, we've hit very warm weather (high 80s), cool windy weather (40s) but never, ever rain.