PDA

View Full Version : Britax Carseats...6 or 7 years before they expire?

infocrazy
05-02-2008, 03:38 PM
We just switched DS2 into RA in all cars. My sitter currently has him in the RA she used for her DC. Great condition, no accidents--BUT it was manufactured in 12/01. Did it expire?

I thought seats expired at 6 years but my infant carrier manufacturer (Combi) said their is 7.

Am I just wishful thinking?

If I need a new seat, what should I get? I don't like the Scenara RF. I know that it is fine but the back feels so flimsy when you are used to the Britax. Anything else that seems sturdier, short of buying another RA? How about something that tethers?

Thanks!

bubbaray
05-02-2008, 03:49 PM
Always go by what your manual says. If you don't have the manual, call Britax (and wait on hold for a looooong time) with your serial number. All seats are different and even some seats within one manufacturer's line can vary.

801kelle
05-03-2008, 11:16 AM
I just got the new Britax Froniter.. it is the new Harness Seat that then converts to Booster. You can use harness straps to 80 lbs and then use as high back booster to 100 lbs!!! What I really love is that when you do use it in booster mode you can leave it latched in.. so the seat doesn't move around like most booster seats. I LOVE LOVE LOVE SO FAR.. JUST installed VERY EASILY.. We also have Regents! What I love most is that it is a little smaller. there is no recline bar like Regent.. but also it is FAA approved so you can take it on airplane and it will fit in seat. I have been using Marathon to travel with. My daughter and I are spoiled by roominess of Regent so she doesn't like her Marathon as much anymore. SO now I can travel with Frontier.. yes it weighs a little more than Marathon.. but really doesn't seem like it is that much heavier than Marathon..

August Mom
05-03-2008, 01:49 PM
If you want something that tethers RFing, the Radian does. It is very solid feeling also. It expires after 8 years, I believe. I have installed it RFing and it was solid. There were some deals out there on them last month (particularly in the grey/granite cover).