PDA

View Full Version : Last party question I swear

Mommy Of A Little Angel
05-02-2008, 04:45 PM
As mention, DD's party is at a local gym place and therefore has a limited time frame. We get 30 minutes for cake, food, etc. Now, I was not planning on opening gifts during the party at all. First, there won't be much time. Second, 2 year olds and gift opening seems like a bad idea. Well, I was talking to a friend this morning and she was so excited about the gift she got DD. I mean, really excited. So, now I am feeling bad because DD will not be opening it in front of her. Is it rude not to open gifts at the party?

Pennylane
05-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Nope, not rude and I would not do it! I think I've been to 3 parties where they did open presents and it was not fun to watch, total confusion and lots of "I already have this".

Maybe she could give your dd her gift before/after the party.

Ann

gordo
05-02-2008, 04:52 PM
I only opened gifts at DD 1st birthday. I did not do it for her 2nd and do not plan on doing it at her 3rd in a couple weeks.

SnuggleBuggles
05-02-2008, 05:06 PM
I would do it privately at that age if you weren't going to do gifts at the party. That way she gets to see dc's reaction w/o doing all the others.

Beth

lmintzer
05-02-2008, 05:57 PM
We have been going to little kids' birthday parties for the past 6 years or so. I can tell you that I've seen presents opened maybe twice in all of those parties. It's pretty much expected that the child will not open--even at the 7 year-old parties my oldest has been going to this year.

hillview
05-02-2008, 08:11 PM
No presents at the gym. That said you could invite friend over to see DC open.
/hillary