PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching Moonlight?

Corie
05-02-2008, 10:01 PM
I really like this show. My DH just shakes his head as I sit
glued to the tv.

Mick St. John...oh la la

purpleeyes
05-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Just finished watching this week's! :) My DH is doing the *same* thing! :)
Mick is my new tv boyfriend. ;)

mudder17
05-02-2008, 11:11 PM
For some reason, I really like that show. I haven't seen any episodes since it started up again, though. I have the one from last week (and this week probably) recorded and will watch it at some point.

Okay, I admit--Mick St. John is sweeeet!

Emmas Mom
05-02-2008, 11:41 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Is it back?!?! And I'm missing it?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I LOVE MOONLIGHT!!! I was so worried it wasn't coming back. So I missed last week?? Some PLEASE PM me what happened!!!! I'm SO glad I checked on the board tonight & saw this....it comes on in 20 minutes here!!! WOOOO HOOOOO!!!! I'm doing a Mick St. John happy dance!!!! :yay: :cheerleader1: I'm going to make some popcorn & have a soda & settle down with my TV boyfriend! Move over DH you've been replace for an hour on Friday nights! :boogie:

punkrockmama
05-03-2008, 04:20 AM
You know I couldn't get into it when it first started. I maintained that Angel did the whole tortured vampire PI hotter and better. BUT, I caught the new eps and...I really like it.

Did they up the scare factor with the vamps a bit? It seemed a little scarier than what I remembered.

I'm hooked now. And ladies you can have Mick. I want his friend that likes to put people in the tar pits. Meow.

BeachBum
05-03-2008, 06:56 AM
I like this show too. I had no idea that it was about vampires when I started watching it. I would never think that I would like something like that. I typically hate all types of fantasty/sci fi type stuff. It's a good show and has been fun to watch something outside of our norm.

I don't really think Mick is hot, and find it so annoying how they always show beth in the halo type glow that backlights her hair. I do agree with punkrockmama that I like Mick's friend that use to be Logan on Veronica Mars. He is hot!

Corie
05-03-2008, 11:05 AM
I don't really think Mick is hot, and find it so annoying how they always show beth in the halo type glow that backlights her hair. I do agree with punkrockmama that I like Mick's friend that use to be Logan on Veronica Mars. He is hot!

*I make my kids hold a halo type light to give my hair it's special
glow throughout the day. :)

*Yes, Mick's friend was Logan on Veronica Mars. I liked him much
better on that show. He's still cute though. :)

mudder17
05-03-2008, 01:05 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Is it back?!?! And I'm missing it?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I LOVE MOONLIGHT!!! I was so worried it wasn't coming back. So I missed last week?? Some PLEASE PM me what happened!!!! I'm SO glad I checked on the board tonight & saw this....it comes on in 20 minutes here!!! WOOOO HOOOOO!!!! I'm doing a Mick St. John happy dance!!!! :yay: :cheerleader1: I'm going to make some popcorn & have a soda & settle down with my TV boyfriend! Move over DH you've been replace for an hour on Friday nights! :boogie:

Kristine, you can watch the past few episodes on CBS.com! We've had to do that a few times when our snapstream (like Tivo) had a conflict or some other error.

Emmas Mom
05-03-2008, 08:57 PM
That's so cool you can watch shows on the internet!!! And that was a DANG good episode too! :D

shilo
05-04-2008, 02:31 AM
if you're liking a vamp tv series, and are ever interested in reading one, go get yourself J.R. Ward's "Black Dagger Brotherhood" novels (yeah, yeah, yeah, they're romance novel drivel, but i'm talking some seriously yummy vampires). series starts with dark lover and should definitely be read in order to appreciate her most excellent world building skillz.

lori

Corie
05-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, Lori!! :)

I'll have to see if our library has the series.

Emmas Mom
05-17-2008, 01:13 AM
I just read they cancelled it! Freakin, frakkin, frellin CBS. I swear I'm tired of the shows I like being cancelled. :32: I wish it was on HBO or Showtime so I could cancel my damn cable subscription. And after tonights "season" finale (that's what it was advertised as anyway), I was really looking forward to next season! I just need to scream!!! :hopmad:

mudder17
05-18-2008, 01:11 AM
I just read they cancelled it! Freakin, frakkin, frellin CBS. I swear I'm tired of the shows I like being cancelled. :32: I wish it was on HBO or Showtime so I could cancel my damn cable subscription. And after tonights "season" finale (that's what it was advertised as anyway), I was really looking forward to next season! I just need to scream!!! :hopmad:
Dang it! I was really liking it too! :32:

supercalifragilous
05-18-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm livid with CBS!!! It was such a yummy show!! Here's what Alex O'Loughlin (Mick St. John) wrote:

Dear Friends, Family and wonderful, wonderful Fans of MOONLIGHT.

Well, where to start....?
The decision to cancel MOONLIGHT.... my MOONLIGHT... our MOONLIGHT, is as much of a shock and gut wrenching surprise to me as it is to all of you.

Really, I don't even know where to begin.

I sit here at my computer, still slack jawed even 24 hours after receiving the news that my services are no longer required on the set of this show. A show we have all come to know and love deeply, and it hurts more than I can possibly tell you.

Since i got THE CALL I have not read anything online or otherwise, I have not been following blogs or forums, I have not been reading the trades or opinion polls and I have not been calling around to get information.

"Why are you not fighting for your show?!" I hear you all scream!! The truth is my friends, I never STOPPED fighting for it. From the very beginning when I was told time and again that i wasn't the man for the job, having to prove myself to everyone with tests and screen tests, to a complete re-casting of the show, through 5 different show runners at the helm with 5 different artistic visions, to a Writer's strike that took 5 episodes away from us...... oh how the list goes on.

But through all of that, I am proud to say that not once did I bow down and allow someone else to come in and do with MOONLIGHT as they please. And along the way, if I needed a break and wanted to do that, I don't think I could have anyway because, well, I suppose it's just not in my nature!

This is all still so fresh for me and I am going to need a little time to process this whole thing before I can digest what has actually happened, let alone move on.

Honestly. I really feel lost for words.

I will say however, that never, never in my life have I experienced first hand a level of support from a group of people like that of you all who are reading this now, and who 'loved this show to life' alongside me. It has been overwhelming to say the least.

I am grateful to you all. I am extremely proud to be associated with this piece of television. And I am so, so sorry to my very core, to lose MOONLIGHT.

All my love,
Alex O'Loughlin x

Oh how I :love5:

Emmas Mom
05-18-2008, 01:46 PM
I'm livid with CBS!!! It was such a yummy show!! Here's what Alex O'Loughlin (Mick St. John) wrote:

Dear Friends, Family and wonderful, wonderful Fans of MOONLIGHT.

Well, where to start....?
The decision to cancel MOONLIGHT.... my MOONLIGHT... our MOONLIGHT, is as much of a shock and gut wrenching surprise to me as it is to all of you.

Really, I don't even know where to begin.

I sit here at my computer, still slack jawed even 24 hours after receiving the news that my services are no longer required on the set of this show. A show we have all come to know and love deeply, and it hurts more than I can possibly tell you.

Since i got THE CALL I have not read anything online or otherwise, I have not been following blogs or forums, I have not been reading the trades or opinion polls and I have not been calling around to get information.

"Why are you not fighting for your show?!" I hear you all scream!! The truth is my friends, I never STOPPED fighting for it. From the very beginning when I was told time and again that i wasn't the man for the job, having to prove myself to everyone with tests and screen tests, to a complete re-casting of the show, through 5 different show runners at the helm with 5 different artistic visions, to a Writer's strike that took 5 episodes away from us...... oh how the list goes on.

But through all of that, I am proud to say that not once did I bow down and allow someone else to come in and do with MOONLIGHT as they please. And along the way, if I needed a break and wanted to do that, I don't think I could have anyway because, well, I suppose it's just not in my nature!

This is all still so fresh for me and I am going to need a little time to process this whole thing before I can digest what has actually happened, let alone move on.

Honestly. I really feel lost for words.

I will say however, that never, never in my life have I experienced first hand a level of support from a group of people like that of you all who are reading this now, and who 'loved this show to life' alongside me. It has been overwhelming to say the least.

I am grateful to you all. I am extremely proud to be associated with this piece of television. And I am so, so sorry to my very core, to lose MOONLIGHT.

All my love,
Alex O'Loughlin x

Oh how I :love5:
HE is so yummy!! Where did he write that?? Dang it, I'm going to have to call CBS & protest. It won't be the first time I've petitioned the cancellation of a show. They are SUCH idiots! I just knew the writer's strike was going to have negative effects, what a tragedy it was this show. :(

Emmas Mom
05-20-2008, 04:00 PM
I read they are trying to get another network to pick it up. Possibly USA. Maybe there's some hope.

mudder17
05-21-2008, 01:10 AM
I would LOVE it if they did that! I seem to remember at least one or two others of my favorite shows doing that...

Bea_Arthur
05-21-2008, 02:07 PM
D'oh! Every time I see this thread I read it as "Anyone watching Moonlighting" and I get super excited for a minute. Darn it. It's one of my favorite shows of all time and I never get to talk with anybody about it. It probably doesn't help that most of my favorite TV shows are old and now fit the geriatric demographic... oh well.... :D