PDA

View Full Version : Toby was selected for a TSA search.

kijip
05-02-2008, 11:25 PM
4 year old menace to the skies, LOL. Even the check people were sheepish about it when they realized that the random name call generated a 4 year old. :ROTFLMAO: They searched him. The guy had experience with kids because he was very nice and was able to convince Toby to lift his feet and wave his arms around, something that surprised me because he is sort of shy and will ignore all requests made by strangers.

Happily, our travel day went well (first time without a second parent to help lug stuff through the airport- J is working all weekend).

bubbaray
05-03-2008, 12:16 AM
Hilarious. In a sick kinda way. I mean, don't we all feel sooooo much safer knowing that a 4 yo was selected for higher screening?!?!?

julieakc
05-03-2008, 12:25 AM
You know the meaning of TSA didn't even register until I read the post....I think it was because my mind just couldn't reconcile the TSA and searching a little boy.

When I read the title I thought "oh, Toby's in some sort of talent contest"
:confused:

Glad to hear he was declared a non-threat.

Davids-Coco
05-03-2008, 12:26 AM
Hehehe. Isn't that funny! When we flew, our son was on the no fly list. Its always amazing to me.

skygoddess
05-03-2008, 12:53 AM
One of my DDs was a TSA selectee when she was four *months* old. I held her up, and they patted her down while everyone around got a good laugh. The guy looked pretty embarrassed to have to do it.

hez
05-03-2008, 05:49 AM
It happened to DS when he was 9 months. It's a sad, sad world.

What ticked me off most about it was that they searched the carry ons for ALL THREE of us vs. just his diaper bag (the only thing that could be conceivably 'his'). We made future plans that if we ever saw the marker on one of our boarding passes in the future, we'd give the 'easiest' (fastest) carry ons to search to the person getting the extra screening and go in separate lines.

Edited for a sleepy choice of words :)

Neatfreak
05-03-2008, 07:20 AM
Hee! When my family flew from Montreal, Quebec to Reagan National in Washington DC, we all got the special security treatment, including my daughter who was nineteen months old and didn't really get why the strange men were patting her down.

Really, we should have flew into Dulles intead ...

August Mom
05-03-2008, 10:03 AM
My DS was searched at 21 months. He was kind of freaked out about it because I wasn't allowed to touch him during the search. And, then I was annoyed that they took everything out of our carefully packed diaper bag and couldn't get it back in, so they just left everything strewn on the table for me to put back while holding DS.

mommyoftwo
05-03-2008, 12:25 PM
You know the meaning of TSA didn't even register until I read the post....I think it was because my mind just couldn't reconcile the TSA and searching a little boy.

When I read the title I thought "oh, Toby's in some sort of talent contest"
:confused:

Glad to hear he was declared a non-threat.

That's exactly the same thought process I had.

mudder17
05-03-2008, 01:03 PM
LOL, they searched Kaya when she was 2 years old. Fortunately, she was really fascinated by the wand they used and they were good with her.

Laurel
05-03-2008, 03:34 PM
This happened to DD when she was 2. She was terrified and they would not let me touch her! I get why it has to be random and all, but you'd think they would have a better way to screen kids by now.