PDA

View Full Version : Britax side impact ?

klc92201
05-03-2008, 10:00 PM
At BRU today they told me that the Marathon has side impact protection, is this true? I know it doesn't have true side impact protection like the BLVD but he said that it is the same seat and it has the deaper sides on it and that is what is the side impact part?

Heather

o_mom
05-03-2008, 11:09 PM
The Marathon (and Decathlon) has side impact protection in the form of EPS foam around the head area. The Boulevard has the TSIP in the form of wings that are closer in to the head and will contain the head even better. The Boulevard definately has more SIP, but I don't know if there is any way to quantify it.

klc92201
05-03-2008, 11:29 PM
I have a Marathon now and was planing on moving DD to a frontier in a year when our new baby who is due in June is ready for the Marathon. I just felt like times have changed and the blvd was more upto date but don't want to get rid of a new seat if it did have some side impact protection. We do have captain chairs but also have side airbags too. Just wanted to make sure kiddos are protected.

If the Marthon had no side protection I would go ahead and trade DD up to the BLVD until the new baby comes and then get DD a frontier and the new baby the BLVD but I don't want to spend the money on another convertible if the marathon is fine.

heather

o_mom
05-03-2008, 11:46 PM
In your situation I think the MA will be fine. The Frontier does have TSIP, so DD will have that when she moves out of the Marathon. The new baby will be riding rear-facing in the MA, which is much safer in side-impacts to begin with. As long as you keep the baby rear-facing to the limit of the seat you will be keeping him or her very safe. If you wanted to move DD to a TSIP seat now, I think the Frontier would be the best value.

lorinick
05-04-2008, 06:15 AM
At BRU today they told me that the Marathon has side impact protection, is this true? I know it doesn't have true side impact protection like the BLVD but he said that it is the same seat and it has the deaper sides on it and that is what is the side impact part?

Heather

The Marathon has form EPS but not TSIP like the BLVD. You already have the Marathon it's a great seat. You should just wait to move to the Frontier. It you were choosing a seat and didn't already have one I would suggest the BLVD but that would be crazy to stop use the Marathon. And rear facing will give added protection as well.