PDA

View Full Version : What are g-diapers?

klc92201
05-04-2008, 10:59 AM
I read they are disposibles that can be flushed? I can't find them anywhere, I know I'm not looking in the right places, help? Has anyone ever used them, do they work are they worth the extra expense?

Heather

Joolsplus2
05-04-2008, 07:42 PM
I think they are cheapest directly from the site http://www.gdiapers.com/ though if you have a local store, that might save money on shipping (they have a list of local stores, I believe, on the site).

They are kind of cool, a sort of half cloth/half sposie solution for people who can't do as much laundry as cloth, but don't want to throw hundreds of diapers in the trash. I think cloth is easier overall, but I use the small size flushable inserts with my toddler now as a doubler for overnight or when I'm 'expecting a poo' (it's easier to flush a gdiaper than it is to wash poo off a cloth diaper sometimes :p). We did start off with the little G pants, but I really just preferred using the flushables inside my waterproof diaper covers...and some people love the gpants and put cloth diapers in them! It's a very versatile system :) (and it's a very socially conscious business... I was on their email group and the owners would check in and ask what problems we were having, what improvements could be made...I liked supporting them as a company...)