PDA

View Full Version : Help getting good base install using center belt

wendibird22
05-04-2008, 08:43 PM
I'm the one who posted a week or so ago and found out that our snugride was installed improperly in our 2003 Civic. We are trying to reinstall in the center using the belt and the problem DH is having is that the "female" buckle end is too long and therefore there's not enough room for the locking clip between the buckle and the base. Am I correct that the buckle end can be twisted once or twice to shorten it?

KAK22
05-04-2008, 08:47 PM
You can twist the female end up to 3 full twists.

Piglet
05-04-2008, 10:03 PM
You shouldn't need a locking clip on a 2003 Civic. You just pull the seatbelt out to the farthest it goes and it will start ratcheting back.

Here is a video for a carseat install with a seatbelt. It is an infant seat without a base, but the idea is the same:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9BdYRVu90g

Neatfreak
05-04-2008, 10:16 PM
You shouldn't need a locking clip on a 2003 Civic. You just pull the seatbelt out to the farthest it goes and it will start ratcheting back.

I had no idea that cars came with locking lapbelts! Obviously, it was time to sell my circa-1993 set of wheels when I did ...

Piglet
05-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Oh duh!!! I am thinking shoulder belt when I gave that instruction. The lap belt is even easier - no need for a locking clip on those either, as far as I know!