PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Regent straps

jmac588
05-04-2008, 08:48 PM
I own two Regents. One for DS7 and one for DD5. Bought my first Regent about 2 years ago and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Just bought my newest Regent in February and I'm not at all happy with it. How is this possible? The new Regent is in the Madison print (the older one is the black). The straps on the Madison Regent are really hard to work with. It's almost impossible to pull them forward (to loosen) and just as hard to tighten them. We've taken it out and tried to adjust the straps but they are only slightly easier to work with now. The straps on my black Regent are so easy to work with and so different from the Madison.

Could there be a defect? I should mention that when we recently took the seat out to inspect the straps, we found that the part of the strap that you pull to tighten is frayed along the side...as if it is rubbing against something, which kind of explains why it is so hard to pull tight.

I bought the seat from Target and I still have another week or so to return it within their 90 day window. I don't have the box any longer, and the seat is obviously used. I wonder if they will return it?