PDA

View Full Version : Tips for getting 2 month old DS to sleep without being nursed or rocked in carseat??

jen_loafer77
05-05-2008, 12:06 PM
My DS will be 2 months tomorrow and I really want to start transitioning him to his crib starting tomorrow....the problem is, he only takes naps in his carseat and will only be rocked in it to sleep or nursed to sleep now. I want to start getting him out of the habit now so it won't be as hard further down the line.......he only falls alseep being nursed or rocked in his carseat......any ideas are greatly appreciated.......:loveeyes:

csnoop
05-10-2008, 01:23 AM
Your baby is too young to be able to fall asleep on his own, without any kind of motion/assistance. I read in some books that babies need to be around 3 months for that to happen. You can still rock/bounce him in your arm, wait for him to fall asleep, then place him in the crib.

Have you read "The Happiest Baby On The Block"? It's quite helpful. I definiitely recommend it. It offers some good tips on how to help your baby sleep longer. Babies do sleep better & longer as they get older as well.

CC