PDA

View Full Version : SafeGuard Go v Frontier?

hillview
05-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Just called Magic Beans to see if they have a Frontier (they don't yet). The guy on the phone was trying to talk me into a SafeGuard Go.

DS is 3 in July and 40 lbs and 40 inches. We have a Radian 80 so that'd be the travel seat.

TIA!
/hillary

o_mom
05-05-2008, 02:18 PM
A Go is not anywhere near the same type of seat as a Frontier. The Go is a travel seat - harness to 60 lbs, then a backless booster. The Harness height of the Go is only about the same as a Marathon/Boulevard, so not very tall (comparatively). It is a seat designed for LATCH, so if you don't have LATCH it is harder to use. It requires a top tether at all times, so again, if you are in a car w/o LATCH it isn't going to work. Lastly, most people I know that have used them say it is not something they would want to use every day. The small size and light weight are worth it when travelling, but not for everyday.

postmodernmommy
05-07-2008, 02:22 PM
We have (amongst our long list of seats, LOL :)) a "Go". It was GREAT for a 5pt harness travel seat (we could carry it on airplanes so knew without a doubt that it would be there when we arrived!). But, it would not be so great as an everyday seat. It's a strange installation if you use a seatbelt instead of LATCH and that makes the shoulder harness length even less than a Marathon. I would definitely go (no pun intended!) with Frontier. We're looking at the Frontier today at Right Start. It's just not substantial enough of a seat for me to feel comfortable using it every day. Plus, no side impact protection.

HTH!
Amy

hillview
05-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Thanks ladies! I am in the hunt for a Frontier!
/hillary