PDA

View Full Version : Elongated potty seat that folds?? or give up?

hlphillips2
05-05-2008, 02:55 PM
I've searched everywhere and I think I'm looking in vain, but has anyone seen an enlongated seat that is portable? We just traveled out of town for the week and at the house we visited and in all public places, the toilets seem to be elongated. The foldable potty seat I purchased does not fit well on any of them - DD was clinging to me in terror when I placed her on it. The plastic seat was very flimsy, but she really refuses to sit there without anything.

she does well with her tiny kid-size-seat at home - if this product doesn't exist, do I just need to back off on PT until she's older and bigger (she's 2.5 now)?

hbridge
05-05-2008, 03:06 PM
There is a folding seat, but the weight limit was too low for us. I actually traveled with the Born Potty Seat for a very long time before we transitioned to the big potty. I wouldn't give up just because of the potty seat, if your DC is ready go for it.

o_mom
05-05-2008, 03:06 PM
We just took our BabyBjorn Potty ring along with us for several months with DS1. It fit very well on every public seat we used. I had a Bummis wetbag/tote that I put it in, but you could just use plastic grocery bags to hold it. I kept it in our diaper backpack without too much hassle. I took it to everyone's house and hotels, too, when we travelled.

hlphillips2
05-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the helpful advice!

The Bjorn seat looks really big from the pictures. I haven't seen it in person (our BRU doesn't carry it), but I'll try the dimensions listed on Amazon and see if it should fit in my bag. At worst just to have it along for upcoming trips to Grandma's will be good.

hbridge - what was the seat that was below the weight limit for your DC? Mine is 25 lbs, so maybe it would work for her?

hbridge
05-05-2008, 08:23 PM
hbridge - what was the seat that was below the weight limit for your DC? Mine is 25 lbs, so maybe it would work for her?

Folding Potty Seat With Handles You can find it at http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=150774&cmSource=Search

For us it was impractical since DC was on the larger and older end of the spectrum, but it would fit more easily in a bag than the Born Ring.

hlphillips2
05-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Thanks! I looked at that one once but because another folding seat we have (of the two) pinches her bottom, I decided not to take the risk.

It sounds like the Bjorn is a good option then; I'll look for it tomorrow. If it's only temporary it's worthwhile to lug it around!

MarisaSF
05-06-2008, 12:46 AM
We have the Bjorn seat at home. You're right that it isn't small.

You know, my MIL bought one of those small character-print padded seats to keep at her house. They are designed for round seats, but it works on her elongated seat fine (there's just some empty space at the back of the hole, but it's stable). And my DD likes that it has ducks, or whatever, on it. I'm sure the padding feels nice too.