PDA

View Full Version : Britax Marathon or BLVD?

lorinick
05-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Trying to decide which one to get. Everyone says such great things about the Marathon. But I've heard great things about having TSIP. But I think the wings just look so big. Has anyone's kids threw a fit? I like the wings on the Diplomat better. They don't come out as far and are more rounded than sqaured. But not really an option due DS in the 95th per. for height. Can anyone give me feed back.

jjordan
05-05-2008, 05:00 PM
I got the BV for the TSIP and I haven't regretted it a bit. I actually really like the wings, not just for safety, but because dd rests her head on them to sleep and looks much more comfortable than in her seat that doesn't have them (FPSVD, similar to MA). She hasn't complained about the wings at all and they don't seem to get in the way of her vision.

That said, the MA does have slightly a higher max harness height, so if height really is an issue that might push you toward a MA.

Jill

elektra
05-05-2008, 05:13 PM
I have both a MA and a BV and you really can't go wrong with either one. For us it worked better to have the BV in my car, as it won't be taken in or out much, if ever, so the no re-thread harness has come in handy. And of course the side impact protection is a plus. Some also say that the BV lasts longer because there is more shoulder room.
It has worked out to have the MA though too. Since it has had to be removed a few times in DH's car, it won't be that big of a deal to have to take it in and out to rethread the harness. And I really do feel that it is very safe even without the side impact, especially since DD is in the middle. The seat also seems a bit lighter and sturdier for travel (not as many parts) and it's the one we'll take when we do our first plane trip this summer. Some also say that the MA lasts longer because the top slots are a bit higher.

Things that are also in the MA's favor but weren't huge factors for me:
It's cheaper
More fabric choices
DD does actually seem to prefer the MA because she can see a bit better.

Kearstenn
05-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Elektra...or anyone with a Baby Girl...what patterns did you go with for the Marathon??? (Just a curious question...after 2 boys, I've gone a bit nuts in the girl department!)