PDA

View Full Version : Milk strike - 12 month old?

Piglet
05-05-2008, 05:54 PM
I am not sure what is going on with DD. She is just about 1 year old and we have been trying to introduce milk. She has been FF for the past few months and has been doing fine with it. Se takes a bottle no problem. In the past week or so, she has been really turning away from her bottles (both milk and formula). She will sometimes drink a bottle if we are out and about or if she is her carseat, but it is rare to have her drink more than half the bottle, even before bed. To make matters worse, she is quite picky. We have a really hard time finding foods that she likes. I can't figure out if she is going through a phase or if she is not feeling well (i.e. sore throat or teething) and that is impacting her appetite. Any suggestions/BTDT??

Thanks,

Nooknookmom
05-05-2008, 06:22 PM
DD is on the same page. She had been a good eater from 5-6 months (just never ate *baby food*). Recently she is SO picky. Add to that she is MSPI and I have a dickens of a time finding food she can eat.

We're still BF but she will sometimes toss the bottle of BM and/or the bottle of Rice Milk. Maybe will drink 1-2 ounces.

I hope it ends soon b/c it drives me nuts to prepare a meal and then waste it all.

Our "will eat" list consists of:

Chicken nuggets (she calls them bawk-bawk)
Green beans
Carrots w/ cinnamon/ b. sugar (a tad)
plain macaroni noodles
grapes

Big selection eh? If you find a cure let me know!

It must be the age!