PDA

View Full Version : Frontier fabric and headrest safety question

beagle
05-05-2008, 09:16 PM
For those that have seen and/or purchased the Frontier, how is the fabric and padding quality? In the photos, the seat back and bottom appear to be a mesh material - is this similar to the Nautilus? My dd and ds love the comfort of the fabric and padding on their Roundabout and Marathon - and I love the durability. I've seen the Nautilus and liked the features of the seat, but hesitated on purchasing because the fabric didn't look durable and I've been so pleased with Britax. What are your opinions?

Also, I've removed the rear headrest of my 2006 Camry (with side impact air bags) to allow for the height of the Marathon and envision I will need to do the same for the Frontier. Is it safe to remove the rear headrest? The Marathon is tethered and I will do the same for the Frontier.

Thanks for your help.

Joolsplus2
05-06-2008, 08:36 AM
I haven't seen a Frontier, and people have only had them for a couple weeks, but I can say with relative confidence that the mesh will be a higher quality than Graco's (our 'express' silver and black parkway had a mesh headrest and it held up great for a couple years and the kids insisted it was very soft and comfy :) )

Yup, there's no need to leave a car's headrest in with a Britax if you find the seat installs better without it :)

801kelle
05-06-2008, 10:14 AM
I just got my frontier and I love it.. I think the padding and material is very nice. It looks like mesh but it really isn't a mesh material if that makes sense? We have Regents too and the padding on the Frontier is much thicker than on the Regent. I can't compare to Nautilus I have never seen one? I would agree with Julie that quality of fabric on Britax is gonig to be better than on the Graco..