PDA

View Full Version : Is the FP Safe Voyage Okay for DD?

Wife_and_mommy
05-06-2008, 06:14 PM
She's 4 yo, 39-40 inches and about 33-35#. It's for *very* occasional use and the price is right. It'd be nice not to have to install/uninstall her MA even occasionally.

TIA

ETA: FYI, I would be locking her in it.

mom2binsd
05-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Do you mean the 5pt harness or the booster that is 29.99....even for occasional use I'd say wait on a booster for a 4 year old..she's still pretty little to sit properly and safely in a booster. If you mean the 5pt....for a few more dollars I'd get the Nautilus which will last longer.

o_mom
05-06-2008, 10:20 PM
The FPSV booster was discontinued at least a year ago. The one I bought last fall has a manufacture date of 7/2006, so they are close to two years old alread. If you can swing a few more dollars, the Parkway is a much better booster. Has SIP and goes much taller to last longer. Parkways were made through 11/2007, so you have potential of 18 months longer lifespan.

If she still fits in a Scenera with a little room to grow, I would say that is a better use of $40. :)

Wife_and_mommy
05-07-2008, 12:30 AM
Uggh:) Thanks, ladies. I'll try her(and ds) in a Scenera but I'd almost prefer to transfer the MA when necessary. Some of the occasional trips are with friends, etc. It'd have been handy if a booster worked for that--wishful thinking that life could be that easy.:ROTFLMAO:

Will have to talk with DH about possibly the Parkway. Don't think he'll go for double the $$ for convenience sake. I'd love a GN but it's just not worth it for the use the seat will see not to mention installing it.

Slightly OT but this made me lol: "she's still pretty little". She is the most petite among her friends and takes great offense at the being the smallest in ballet class.;)

I really appreciate your responses even if they weren't what I wanted to hear.:wink2:

Joolsplus2
05-07-2008, 08:25 AM
But she WILL outgrow her Marathon eventually, owning a good booster seat isn't for 'convenience', it's a necessity. Don't waste money on a seat without good side impact protection, put it towards a good seat that'll fit well now, last a long time, and be super safe (Parkways are only about $60).

I'm such an enabler... :ROTFLMAO:

mom2binsd
05-07-2008, 10:38 AM
Nothing wrong with being little...I have the distinction of being in the middle of every class picture from K-6th grade...went to Jr. High wearing size 6x....of course that was 30 some years ago...I figure I'd be in a carseat going to high school I was so tiny!!! Still short but wish I could describe myself as tiny!

Wife_and_mommy
05-07-2008, 02:38 PM
But she WILL outgrow her Marathon eventually, owning a good booster seat isn't for 'convenience', it's a necessity. Don't waste money on a seat without good side impact protection, put it towards a good seat that'll fit well now, last a long time, and be super safe (Parkways are only about $60).

I'm such an enabler... :ROTFLMAO:

Yes, you are an enabler. :ROTFLMAO: I'll look into the Parkway come fall. I'll probably ask again after she's grown a bit more. I wanted it for occasional use so when she outgrows the MA, she's going into another harnessed seat for fulltime use. I couldn't handle her in a Parkway more than occasionally esp. since the cars she'd ride in are newer/safer than mine.

She's using the highest slot in her MA so might it be possible she'd outgrow it this year? Her growth spurts Oct-Jan.

o_mom
05-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Keep an eye on the Parkways - they are discontinued, so they will drop in price. Right Start sold their stock off for $50 each, so if you see them getting around that price you may want to grab one before they are gone.

< more enabling....> :)