PDA

View Full Version : advice on second playard - inexpensive, no bells and whistles?

Melarina
05-06-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm looking for a very basic playard - don't need a bassinet feature or changing table or toy bar or mobile or music or vibrations or anything extra - that DD can hang out in occasionally/sometimes nap in at Grandma and Grandpa's house. We don't want to spend much but of course want something safe that will work for her as long as possible (7 months old and almost 20 lbs!)
Thanks for your help!

vonfirmath
05-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Go on craigslist and get something Graco. That's what we did when we needed a playard for the daycare workers.

Another option is to pick up a Superyard. Its portable, and has more room inside it for playing, etc. And is more flexible in how it can be used. (We use it at our church for blocking off parts of the room we don't want the children in because we meet in a school)

mamicka
05-07-2008, 10:15 AM
We needed one in a pinch & bought the cheapest one we found at Walmart. I think it was $20? It's not Graco - Cosco, I think (it's at my moms now or I'd check). We have 2 Graco's in addition to this one but the Cosco one is my favorite. It's nothing fancy, but it always seems much more sturdy than my Gracos. It's also more user-friendly. The Graco ones are much more "fussy" when opening & closing.