PDA

View Full Version : Diaper surprise in van

DrSally
05-06-2008, 10:55 PM
So, DH likes to change DS in our van when we're at a restaurant or event. Great. However, every single time, guess what? After seveal hours at said event, open the van to the smell of poopy diaper. Who does this? Who leaves poopy diapers in a sealed van to ripen? How hard is it to put it in a plastic bag and dump it in the nearest trash can on your way back to the bld? Being preggo, it makes me want to puke to open the door to that. Does anyone else leave their DC's remnants in the car after a change????

ETA: DH says I'm "overreacting"

sarahsthreads
05-06-2008, 11:03 PM
Ewwww! Only once have I done this, and it was when DD unexpectedly wet herself (she's been PT'd for almost a year). I had a change of clothes in the car but no plastic bag, so the wet stuff had to sit on the rubber (and therefore washable) mat in the back of the wagon. Ugh, it wasn't even a hot day but after a couple of hours in the sun...ugh. I can't even imagine poop...

So tell your DH you are so totally not overreacting! (And what DH in their right mind tells their pregnant wife that they're overreacting, anyway? ;) )

Sarah

DrSally
05-06-2008, 11:06 PM
Hahaha, you're so right! Certain foods turn my stomach, how can he think I'd handle ripened poo in an enclosed space???

MontrealMum
05-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Goodness, I couldn't even handle coffee smell when I was pregnant, I can't imagine poo!!! ICK :( (is there a gagging smilie?)

ThreeofUs
05-07-2008, 08:24 AM
Never, ever. EEEUUUUUWWWWW, YUCK. I'm barely holding on sometimes, and just the idea is making me dizzy.

misshollygolightly
05-07-2008, 10:02 AM
YUCK! Sounds to me like DH owes you a thorough van-cleaning (inside and out), complete with one of those little air fresheners to hang on your rearview mirror (or maybe just an Arm & Hammer deodorizer, if the scented kinds are too strong these days)!

That strategy worked pretty well for me last weekend when DH (against my advice, of course) decided to transport a gasoline can in the backseat of my car without properly capping it (which, btw, seems like a fire hazard as well!). Anyway, he hadn't gone two blocks when, sure enough, gasoline sloshed all over the floormat--at which point he had the good sense to start apologizing and saying I was right and that he'd get the mess cleaned up!

Didn't mean to hijack, but just wanted to suggest that if DH owes you a complete cleaning each time he leaves a poopy diaper in the back, maybe he'll think twice about it!

DrSally
05-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Uggh, gas all over the car. I wish DH would clean the van. I'm responsible for that and haven't found a good place to vacuum it out yet. Those coin opperated vacuums seem to have poor suction. Plus, DH seems to be the one who makes the messes--spills coffee, etc.

DrSally
05-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Uggh, gas all over the car. I wish DH would clean the van. I'm responsible for that and haven't found a good place to vacuum it out yet. Those coin opperated vacuums seem to have poor suction. Plus, DH seems to be the one who makes the messes--spills coffee, etc.

DomandPedro75
05-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Making him pay for the cleaning/detailing would stand out in his mind much more than having him do it himself. Always hurts more in the wallet!

ShanaMama
05-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Run don't walk to an interior/ exterior car wash. You should not be vacuuming out the car at this point! If he wants it done another way he can do it himself. Poo on him.

SnuggleBuggles
05-08-2008, 03:07 PM
I thought of this thread today when I was folding up ds's stroller to put back in the trunk. I saw something in the basket that made me cringe. It was a bagged up dirty diaper- that I had been walking around with all day after having left it there Tues. afternoon! I changed ds when we were out and there were no trash cans near by. I just totally forgot about it. Luckily he is still just bf so it didn't really smell but it was really gross. It's still in the trunk of my car now too b/c there were no trash cans in sight and I just remembered it now. So, I guess I am really gross. At least I know it. :)

Beth

DrSally
05-08-2008, 04:15 PM
I thought of this thread today when I was folding up ds's stroller to put back in the trunk. I saw something in the basket that made me cringe. It was a bagged up dirty diaper- that I had been walking around with all day after having left it there Tues. afternoon! I changed ds when we were out and there were no trash cans near by. I just totally forgot about it. Luckily he is still just bf so it didn't really smell but it was really gross. It's still in the trunk of my car now too b/c there were no trash cans in sight and I just remembered it now. So, I guess I am really gross. At least I know it. :)

Beth

Well, poop from a BF baby is a lot better than from a toddler who eats solids!