PDA

View Full Version : Cute things your dc have done lately?

elaineandmichaelsmommy
05-07-2008, 01:21 AM
A few days ago dd and I read guess how much I love you. Since then when dd goes to bed at night I tell her I love her to the moon and back. To which she replies " With a parachute." :ROTFLMAO:

Tonight ds said mommy!!!:yay: :yay: And not just once like he has before and then I don't hear it again for over a month. Nope, he said it and KEPT saying it all evening. He looked a pictures on the wall and said MOMMY! Hugged me and wouldn't let go saying mommy,mommy,mommy. I'm ecstatic!! Hooray!! I thought I'd never hear it, especially at 29 months old. WOOOHOO!

kedss
05-07-2008, 02:02 AM
Tonight ds said mommy!!!:yay: :yay: And not just once like he has before and then I don't hear it again for over a month. Nope, he said it and KEPT saying it all evening. He looked a pictures on the wall and said MOMMY! Hugged me and wouldn't let go saying mommy,mommy,mommy. I'm ecstatic!! Hooray!! I thought I'd never hear it, especially at 29 months old. WOOOHOO!

That's so great! :)

DS has been calling me "Kate" for the last couple of months, though he does slip up and call me Mama sometimes. At the preschool it cracks the other parents up, but at least I know which Mama is needed, LOL :)

Also, it has become his habit to help me get out of the car, as our passenger door doesn't like to stay open, so he tells me "Don't get out of the car by yourself, Kate" and he comes around and holds the door open for me. :)

ha98ed14
05-07-2008, 02:10 AM
so he tells me "Don't get out of the car by yourself, Kate" and he comes around and holds the door open for me. :)

LOL! That is priceless! It reminds me of an AA Milne poem that starts something like this:

"James James Morrison Morrison Whetherby George DuPree took great care of his mother, tho he was only 3. James James said to his mother, "Mother," he said, said he, "You must never go down to the end of Town without consulting me!"

kedss
05-07-2008, 02:18 AM
I love Milne's poems. :) I think we have at least one copy of each of his books in the house.

It's just amazing how fast they grow up!

mamicka
05-07-2008, 10:34 AM
I'm not sure this qualifies as cute, but just yesterday, DS1 says, "so, mommy... let's see what you look like naked".

I about peed my pants.

MamaMolly
05-07-2008, 03:41 PM
I waxed my legs the other day and have a few bumps...which DD insists on giving a smooch every time she sees them! I luff that kid!

Drag0nflygirl
05-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Awww! Cara's been doing boo-boo kisses too lately. So cute.
A few weeks ago I asked if she wanted a bagel for breakfast. She said yes, so I went off to make it. She comes running in, "No Mommy, no want bagel! Want...ice keam! No! Want two ice keam!".
She got the bagel - but she was so cute I amost gave in.

Mommy Of A Little Angel
05-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Haha, well DD did this a few weeks ago but it still cracks me up! I was trying to get her to come over and put on clothes and she was not having any of it. I told her she needed to come over now and then said "One..." to which she happily replied "twwwwwwwo!"

Omg, I wasn't expecting that at all! I cracked up on the spot and she gleefully ran over.

maestramommy
05-07-2008, 07:33 PM
This always cracks me up. Dora knows to say thank you, but lately has gotten it mixed up with you're welcome since that is our response and she has taken to parroting lately. Last week a man at the TJ's gave her a balloon. I said, Dora what do you say?" Her response: doing the sign for thank you and saying "you're welcome."