PDA

View Full Version : stupid ? re child's height/head i car seat

JenaW
05-07-2008, 02:36 PM
I just read something in another post about a child outgrowing a britax seat because his head was over the back of the seat. I knew in the infant seat the head should be no more than 1in below the top, but I thought they were ok if the head is over the seat when it is a convertible FF. Am I wrong? I just realized that other than weight limits, which my children are no where near as the oldest two aren't even close to 40 pounds, I don't even know what qualifies a child as having outgrown his seat. Here I am thinking I am being a responsible parent because I RF longer than many (well at least long past one year and 20 pounds) and my kids are still harnessed. HELP??

thanks

Jera

Joolsplus2
05-07-2008, 04:10 PM
A seat's not outgrown forward facing till the shoulders are above the top slots...usually the head is at least an inch over the top of the seat (once the tops of the ears are at the top of the seatback, the kiddo is really getting too tall, the shoulders would be way above the top slots)...and of course the weight limit should not be exceeded :)