PDA

View Full Version : Club Med Sandpiper Florida -any good>?

lilye13
05-07-2008, 04:11 PM
I saw this deal on Travel Zoo for the Club Med Sandpiper,
http://hotels.travelzoo.com/florida-hotels/405177?ptl=done&sef=&rating=
I think it comes to about $2500 for family of four for 7 days. Never heard anything about the Club Med's here in the US. Has anyone been? Liked it? Hated it?
Thanks!

Tondi G
05-07-2008, 04:20 PM
someone just posted this a little ways down in another thread...

I live in S. Florida and have gone to Club Med Sandpiper many times. This particular Club Med is in need of a complete renovation. It is old and musty. It is NOT on the beach, it's on a small lake. While the kids clubs are great, there is really not much to do.

There are other really great Club Med's that I would recommend.

lilye13
05-07-2008, 04:35 PM
I thought the price was a little low compared tothe other properties listedon sale. Which ones have you liked? We are so in need of a vacation I think the kids are at an okay age to really enjoy an all inclusive. I know *mommie* is:>
Thanks

hellbennt
05-12-2008, 10:18 AM
I have been to both club meds w/ 'baby'med:
Sand Piper and
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Punta Cana is better, but they, too, are going through some
renevations meaning that their rooms aren't 100% either...

Club Med, from my experiences at these 2, isn't about a luxary vacation.
It's more like a summer camp experience, only it's a luxurious summer camp, lol!
The food is in a 'dining hall' and provides you with way more than enough choices...some people might not like the buffet type style & some grow tired of the same things (they DO try and mix it up! there are 'theme' nights w/ different foods!)...We all liked the food...

For us it is awesome bcse we go w/ our whole family, the kids are totally taken care of (they provide you with everything, from stroller to crib, to kid friendly food- plain pasta, pizza, chicken nuggest, yogurts, cereals, etc) & you get to relax! Personally I have no problem sitting w/ a pina colada (alcohol is included!) & a mindless book relaxing in the shade by the pool...

There are plenty of activities to do, if you choose to do them
and, you can put your kids in & out of petite med as you choose...
So, for example, dh wanted to hang in the pool w/ them after lunch- he went & got them...

So as to which one? Punta Cana! I'd go back there in a heartbeat.
Sandpiper? Maybe for a shorter amount of time? If the price was right, I'd go back there, too...

HTH

~laura in miami~

Tondi G
05-13-2008, 12:03 AM
I've read nothing but good reviews about the Ixtapa Mexico location since they completed total renovations in December of 2007! Check TripAdvisor.com for reviews on the different Club Meds! I really would like to try the Ixtapa location but we priced a 7 day there and a 7 day cruise from a close port we can drive to (so NO AIRFARE) and Club Med was twice the price!