PDA

View Full Version : Those voting Dem. in November

maestramommy
05-07-2008, 07:40 PM
What do you think of how the primaries are going? Personally I think it's pretty exciting. I've heard all that about how difficult it will be to unite the party if it drags on too long, but I think it's so awesome that a woman and an African American are battling down to the wire for a party nomination. This is a pretty exciting time in our history.

Of course, my perspective may be colored by the fact that I'm rooting for Obama. :p

kedss
05-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Since I live with a quasi libertarian/conservative I can't wait til the election is over. I think Hillary should leave the race with grace and recognize she did what she could, but its over!

It's been a long election already and its just the primary, I'm pooped! LOL

tarabenet
05-07-2008, 07:58 PM
I think the media is full of nonsense. The idea of going to convention with the party united behind a chosen candidate is actually pretty darn new. And yet, the Democratic party remains strong and active. In-fighting is nothing new, and hasn't brought down the house yet. It is ridiculous to think that it is suddenly going to implode this year.

Even a year ago, I was saying I didn't think we'd see a black or female U.S. President for several more decades, perhaps not even in my lifetime. I was sad about that prediction, but it seemed quite sound at the time. The idea that we have a strong black candidate and a strong female candidate this soon is astounding and inspiring. The fact that they are running against each other though? I admit, it kinda makes me mad. Either way, we make history with our nominee. But either way, we lose the chance at the other "first". Oh well, at least the trail has been blazed!

SnuggleBuggles
05-07-2008, 08:18 PM
I am excited too. I feel bad for the candidates who don't really get a breather at all b/c it is going on forever though. It has to be pretty grueling. I think what I like the best right now is that every state is getting a chance to matter in the primaries. Every win/ loss counts and things weren't decided months before the later states had a chance to vote. I'm voting democrat no matter what so I am united behind the party. They aren't going to lose me if this drags on.

Beth

Clarity
05-07-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm tired and becoming a bit frustrated with the situation. It's becoming pretty clear that Hillary is just not going to be able to marshal the votes to win. They're just tearing themselves apart and frankly, I think they're both becoming less and less appealing to the Independents who we may be able to rally to our cause in November. Just my perception here in "voted two months ago, let's just determine who WON" Ohio.

ha98ed14
05-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Of course, my perspective may be colored by the fact that I'm rooting for Obama. :p

Mine too! Go Barak, Go!

SnuggleBuggles
05-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Oh, I did forget about the MI and FL situation. None too pleased about how that is playing out. And I admit that I am growing tired of how things are starting to take on a more negative, attacking tone. I am disappointed by that. So, while I am excited there are things that aren't so great about the neverending primary season.

Beth

kijip
05-07-2008, 09:32 PM
I know that going to the convention behind a nominee is new but I'd agrue that without it, we risk a lot in the current climate and limited understanding of most news viewers about what conventions used to look like. It would help McCain, who should arguably not have a flying chance in heck this year. I think something will happen in June to make clear who the nominee is.

ahrimie
05-07-2008, 10:48 PM
i agree... i was excited at first, but now i just want to know who's going to become the democrat delegate! i like obama but can't stand hilary... i think all this fighting and lingering from the dems is making mccain that much more a "better" candidate. :( but i have to hand it off to mccain too... i think he's got a great sense of humor, hehe. he came on one of the morning radio shows in detroit (pop/hip hop station) and i thought he handled himself in a very likeable manner--even appealing to a younger crowd, which i totally didn't expect from him.

brittone2
05-08-2008, 09:32 AM
I have primary fatigue.

I'm a solid Obama supporter. I'd vote for Hillary if she becomes the nominee, but personally, I'd like to see her step aside at this point.

I'm hoping to do some campaign work for Obama locally.

pb&j
05-08-2008, 10:01 AM
It was great for a while, but now I'm hoping that the nominee becomes clear soon so that there's time before November for the party to unite behind him or her.

I think it's wonderful that the nominee wasn't determined with the first of the primaries in January. I think it's ironic that states were fighting to move their primaries earlier so that they would been seen as more influential, and here we are in MAY, and every last delegate from every "little" state is still being hotly contested, with record voter turnout.

citymama
05-08-2008, 12:45 PM
I want to go back to being all excited about this rather than fatigued! And to see Barack Obama as the next US President :-). It's been a long and painful 8 years of US (and world) politics!