PDA

View Full Version : Best carseat for an over 35 pound 2 1/2 year old

overcome
05-07-2008, 09:21 PM
ETA
Okay..here's the name Cosco Scenera. I *think* the weight limit of 35lbs. is for RF so I have a little time b/c the weight limit for FF is 40 lbs. At any rate, we're going to need a replacement soon!!
------------------------------

I wanted to post here for advice before spending hours researching on the internet...

My DH has a no frills carseat in his vehicle. The name escapes me right now but everyone on this board recommended it. If I remember I will post. He picks DD up from daycare/grandma's 5x a week. It is a ten minute ride. This is the ONLY time she is in his vehicle as we take my car everywhere.

She is 37 lbs and the weight limit is 35. We need a new no-frills carseat for his truck. Any recommendations? Of course I don't want to spend a ton of money, but it IS my dd safety I'm talking about so....

TIA!

JBaxter
05-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Have you looked at the Nautilus? It is harnessed to 65lbs then turns into a highbacked booster THEN a backless booster. Its about $150 but you wouldnt have to buy her another seat :)

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8112222&sourceid=1500000000000003260330&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=8112222

TaChapm
05-07-2008, 10:01 PM
:yeahthat: We love the Nautilus for DH's truck and you will get a lot of use out of it! It is a great seat for the money!

mom2binsd
05-08-2008, 12:09 AM
I agree with PP's....with a younger child who is approaching the 40 lb limit of most of the less expensive seats you are somewhat limited in finding a seat that will accommodate your daughter and the need to find a less expensive seat...you'll want to keep her harnessed in a 5pt until around age 5 and the Nautilus is about the most inexpensive option...there is the Apex 65 which is a 5pt harness and then a booster but I have one and they aren't that great and require tall headrests which the truck may or may not have and they are only about 30 dollars cheaper...the Triumph Advance is about the same price as the Nautilus...I can't think of any other higher weight 5pt harnesses that are inexpensive but maybe someone else can.