PDA

View Full Version : talk to me about Rokenbok please!

nicknack
05-07-2008, 10:28 PM
Anyone out there have any? I first noticed them at FAO this past fall and thought the idea was really cool. Was at a store today and they had a few sets at 35% off, so I bit the bullet and bought some. I was thinking it could be good for my son's 5th bday (not until November but they were a good deal!).

One is a Jr. set and one is regular--are these compatible? I know they have different controls but can the setups be put together? The salesperson said yes, but he didn't seem 100% sure.

Anything else I should know? Thanks!

August Mom
05-08-2008, 12:07 AM
We have a fair amount of it. We don't have any junior sets, so I don't know about compatibility.

Overall, it's fun for DS but it's not something that he does all the time. My biggest complaint is that you need a pretty big area to set it up. It's not something that I'm inclined to build and take apart all the time. Could you do it? Yes. But, you have to be fairly precise in how you build for the most part so it's a pain to redo it IMO. The controls work pretty well and it is neat to watch.

Right now, out set is in the basement, though. When DD came along, that put an end to Rokenbok for now. Those little balls are a big choking hazard and DS refuses to play with it in his room.

Anyway, if you have specific questions, let me know. 5 is a good age for this toy. DS started with them when he was 4, I think.