PDA

View Full Version : Britax Cust Service ROCKS- they are replacing my sticky Decathlon with a Marathon

BayAreaMom
05-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Hi,
I've posted in the past about how tight my Decathlon adjuster is when people have posted the infamous question of Blvd vs. Decathlon vd. Marathon.

I've had it since August 2006 and thought for sure I would not be able to get it replaced now because it was out of warranty. I debated trying to get it replaced when it was under warranty but called Britax then and was told that I would have to pay to ship it to them, and it was unlikely they would replace it (that was confirmed by other posters here- some of whom had luck, others who didn't). Maybe this changed with the recall, even though they have said that is a separate issue from the tight adjuster issue.

Today I called and complained about it, emphasizing that it seemed to be much harder to tighten since I installed the recall part a few months ago, and that I could not get it tight enough to adequately harness my daughter. My 2 yr, 2 month old is still RF, and I think her weight (29 lbs) is part of the reason why it has gotten tougher to tighten recently. When my daughter was lighter and shorter, it was easier. As a side note, one of my friends recenly bought the Decathlon (after I told her not to), and she said "but it wasn't hard to tighten in the store"- without a baby in it, of course. Maybe they have fixed this on newer seats..but I would not risk being stuck with a bad one.

Britax agreed to ship out a brand new Marathon (which I have for my husband's car and love) today free of charge (they are holding a charge on my credit card) and provide a pre-paid shipping label so I can return the old seat after I get the new one. I am SOOOO excited and I truly didn't think this would happen!

Darcy

DrSally
05-09-2008, 07:14 PM
That's awesome. I haven't done anything with my sticky Decathalon

hellokitty
05-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Wow, that IS great service. I called and complained that one of our marathons has a very difficult adjuster (the belt to tighten the straps) after the marathon recall and they would not do anything about it. They said that it was normal??? Now I'm wondering if I should call and complain about it again. It's a 2003, but it is still noticeably more difficult to tighten that particular marathon compared to the other one and I bought them at the same time...

Joolsplus2
05-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Do you think maybe it got routed wrong through the adjuster again? If you compare the adjusters, the 'hard' one will have three circles in the metal of the adjuster you can see, and the 'easy' one will be on top of the circles. If that's the case, they might send you a new adjuster strap and you can put it in the 'easy' way...?