PDA

View Full Version : Rear facing for as long as possible

Leslie08
05-08-2008, 10:30 PM
If I am going to rf for as long as possible I am thinking go w/ a deep seat so my sons legs won't be pushing against the chair. I have a Marathon and a Truimph Advance. I realize the safety on the Ma BUT The evenflo truimph adv. seams deeper. Maybe that will last longer rear facing for a big boy. Thanks for any inputs... I appreciate your help!
Leslie

o_mom
05-08-2008, 10:33 PM
I haven't tried a Triumph Advance, but I really think the Radian give much more room RF compared to the Marathon. The low sides just give them more room to flop the legs to the side. One of these days I'm going to take pictures, but just my $0.02.

mom2binsd
05-08-2008, 11:44 PM
My DD lasted until she was 33 pounds and 3 1/2 and she is all legs....I don't think you need to worry too much about his legs pushing against the seat...kids find ways to be comfortable...she rode for 12 hours once a trip to Canada and was fine!

vickimaggie
05-09-2008, 06:56 AM
My daughter was in her Boulevard until 33lbs with no problem.

Wife_and_mommy
05-09-2008, 07:12 AM
Yes, you needn't worry. They bend their legs and are very comfortable in that position--unlike you and me. :ROTFLMAO:

DD lasted until her head reached less than an inch at 3.5. She just hit 33# at 4yo.

1964pandora
05-09-2008, 08:58 AM
Hi. My son is RR in a Marathon at age 3 years, 7 months. He's 38.5 inches tall and about 31 pounds. He isn't uncomfortable. He basically sits cross legged like any kid would sit when they're on the floor. No worries.

Susan

Joolsplus2
05-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Here's a bunch of big kids in a variety of seats to see they are comfy http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum.aspx

And here's my DD.. http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

I'll be honest, that was in a CR-V and an Odyssey, and it was easy to RF her a long time...in our Prius (old style, like an Echo), it really did get too hard to RF her at about 3.5... she had to be like Origami Girl (is that a superhero? It should be, lol) to get her into that thing. Most kids are at the weight limits by that age, though... :)

DrSally
05-10-2008, 05:03 PM
If you're in a minivan or SUV, I just reclined the seat back to give DS extra legroom