PDA

View Full Version : I hate washing my hair

zephyr
05-09-2008, 10:41 AM
There. I said it. Besides that, i am a very girly girl. It just feels like such a chore and there are tons of knots when I get out of the shower. Not to mention losing hair while brushing it while its wet. Petty, I know.

Octobermommy
05-09-2008, 11:40 AM
I feel your pain. I have to wash my hair everyday for it to be presentable and it is such a chore. As for the knots my dd just started using a detangler that she sprays on my hair too, it helps some.

karstmama
05-09-2008, 11:41 AM
ok, let's see if any parts can be re-thought! and i'm with you, but i don't mind washing my hair. i hate brushing my teeth.

try brushing or combing before you get in, to start off tangle free. then, unless you have baby cereal in it or something, try to mainly wash your scalp. use your finger pads and little circles on your scalp. don't pile it all up and circle it all - that's asking for knots.

nice rinse, then lots of conditioner. (i have dry kinda curly hair - you may need to modify advice if you don't!) i usually put a small squirt of baby oil in the conditioner before i put it on. i run my fingers through & through, both to condition everything and to comb. more rinsing, soft towel dry (patting, not scrubbing), leave-in conditioner, fluff & go. i don't re-brush or heat dry, but do whatever you need to.

anyway, i hear you. feel free to ignore all suggestions!

ha98ed14
05-09-2008, 12:04 PM
ok, let's see if any parts can be re-thought! and i'm with you, but i don't mind washing my hair. i hate brushing my teeth.

try brushing or combing before you get in, to start off tangle free. then, unless you have baby cereal in it or something, try to mainly wash your scalp. use your finger pads and little circles on your scalp. don't pile it all up and circle it all - that's asking for knots.

nice rinse, then lots of conditioner. (i have dry kinda curly hair - you may need to modify advice if you don't!) i usually put a small squirt of baby oil in the conditioner before i put it on. i run my fingers through & through, both to condition everything and to comb. more rinsing, soft towel dry (patting, not scrubbing), leave-in conditioner, fluff & go. i don't re-brush or heat dry, but do whatever you need to.

anyway, i hear you. feel free to ignore all suggestions!

This is great! I have never had such thorough instructions for washing my hair! Not even from a stylist. Are you a stylist? Btw, I think its ironic that you live in "Bath" NC. Do you have any advice on how to exfoliate properly? Really.

karstmama
05-09-2008, 12:34 PM
:D i didn't think about the 'living in bath' part! and no, not a stylist. i just used to be really fanatic about knots as a young teen. like, i used to braid it & wind it around my head & sleep in a nightcap.

i got over it, but some tactics remain. oh, and the leave-in is from the 'ethnic' aisle. black girls have great stuff for dry hair.

sorry, nothing profound to say about exfoliation. i use those fluffy nylon scrubbies, and once in a while salt scrub. i tried the sugar one, but it clogged the drain.

g-mama
05-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Since I began highlighting my hair more heavily, my hair gets really tangled and needs lots of conditioner. I put on twice as much as I used to and let it sit there for a few minutes while I wash my body/shave. Then with a wide-tooth comb that I keep in the shower, I comb through before I rinse out the conditioner. This has made a *HUGE* difference in my tangles and I am no longer tearing hair out afterwards. It is tangle-free before I even step out of the shower and I'm saving tons of breakage and frustration. Give it a try!