PDA

View Full Version : Accident-Need new seats: Nautilus or Frontier; MA or BLVD?

myboysmom
05-09-2008, 01:28 PM
I was recently rear-ended. Although my boys weren't in their seats, the insurance company will pay for new seats. So what to buy? DS1 was in a Marathon and DS2 a Evenflo Comfort Touch (was given to me by a friend).

Two DS:
11 mo. old, 23 lbs., don't know height but he's way long.
4.5 yo, 47 lbs, approx. 44 inches (also tall).

I was planning on passing the MA down to DS2 and getting DS1 and new seat. I was waiting for the Frontier to come out to get input on Frontier v. Nautilus. We bought Nautilus for DH and Grandma's cars -- he loves them. Should we go with another or Frontier?

Any reason to go with anything other than another MA for DS2, like the BLVD? When he outgrows the MA, can I pass DS1's Nautilus/Frontier down and get DS2 a cheaper booster?

I'd like this to be the last major buy. I've got insurance money for one Britax. I suspect the Evenflo was cheaper -- maybe only $75-100 (I guess it is no longer sold, as I cannot find it to get a price comparison), so I'll have to come out of pocket for the second seat. I've just bought 2 nautiluses, so I'm trying not to spend a lot, but want to make a good long-term choice.

BTW, I drive 2002 BMW sedan -- pretty tight, but all that has to go in the back seat are the two car seats.

Joolsplus2
05-09-2008, 02:02 PM
Do you like the Nautilus? Why not get that and another Marathon? (The Evenflo Comfort Touch...I'm assuming that's a Triumph? CT is just the name of the cover... It's a convertible with dials to adjust the harness, right? If so, that's $150, the Nautilus is an equivalent price).

lorinick
05-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Isn't the Comfort Touch a booster seat? If it's the booster I remember it was 100.00. Do you need to replace the booster? I didn't think they needed to be replaced unless they were in them or it was a bad crash. But all the seats you mentioned all good seats.

Joolsplus2
05-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Boy, I hope it wasn't the Chase or Express, she said her 11 mo was in it...

(stupid evenflo not labeling their seats well :P)

myboysmom
05-12-2008, 11:56 AM
Thanks, all. I think I will just get another Nautilus and Marathon.

The Evenflo is a convertible -- it looks like the Triumph Jools describes. I've looked all over it for the name of the seat, but it is not labelled. Its definitely not a booster -- goes to 40 lbs. FF, though I have it RF (of course). I think the insurance company will just pay for the equivalent, so now I can prove up the cost of the Triumph, which should come close to paying for the Nautilus. (I won't be sorry to see the Evenflo go -- the straps are so hard to adjust!)