PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Britax BLVD.

lorinick
05-09-2008, 03:25 PM
I was running arond this afternoon with DS 9 mts. old running in and out of stores putting him in and of seat. The Britax crotch strap doesn't click on the first one when you insert into crotch hook but the second one did. I thought I checked it. But when I got to my next stop the first one I did was not attached only the one you hear click was on. So only one side was connected. I was very upset. Do you guys think I just didn't do it correctly. I've been using it for 3mts. this has never happened. Should I return it? And get another one. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

elektra
05-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Both my MA and BV do this. I was worried at first too, wondering if I should return one or both, but then I read somewhere that it's supposed to be that way. You would only hear a click if both sides were in the buckle correctly.
And I think the seats do sometimes make a click sound on the first strap, which it sounds like has been happening with you for 3 months.
Hopefully someone else more official chimes in, but I just wanted to say that mine does the exact same thing.

lorinick
05-09-2008, 03:44 PM
I was okay with it not clicking but when I got to my next stop the one side wasn't in only one side was in. I thought I heard the one side click. Has that happened to you that one side came undone?

Joolsplus2
05-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Usually you have to rinse the buckle and that fixes it. If not, they'll send you a new buckle (call them on Monday when they are open...the manual has information on the single clicking buckle, and how to remove the crotch strap and clean it :) )

elektra
05-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Jools- so it should really click on both sides, not just after the second side is inserted?

lorinick
05-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Julie,
Thanks I'll try that and give them a call on Mon.. It's just scary that he wasn't fully straped in.

murphydog77
05-09-2008, 05:14 PM
The newer buckles will click after both sides are inserted. You can tell if you have the new buckle if you see metal on the buckle tongs where the harness slides through. If the buckle tong is completely encased in plastic, then you have the old style buckle where it will only click after the 2nd side is inserted.