PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Make It Work!!!!!!!!!!!

jesseandgrace
05-09-2008, 04:47 PM
I have not been able to fit three across in my Prius. I am freaking out - am I going to have to sell my new car because I can't fit seats? I feel so stupid because I rented this car for a week to make sure it as big enough, but I had a carseat for dd, and an infant seat for the baby, and not one for my 7 1/2 year old (we were on vacation). It seemed plenty roomy, but I was not taking into account the addition of another car seat messing with access to the seatbelt, and that the other version was not leather, and it seemed easier to get the carseats over a little more in the non leather version.

I've tried (for the baby) my Orbit infant seat, a new maxi-cosi priori (could not get a good fit anyway), and his Graco safeseat 1, but it still didn't work, with a combination of different boosters and seats. For the older 2 (5 and 7) I've tried the Radian, Clek (2 of them), Jane, Parkway, and the Graco backless. I think I have exhausted every safe combination of these seats, and still I am only fitting two, let alone having decent access to the seat belts.

The Priori is going back, and probably at least one Clek as I don't need them, but boy am I liking them! Thankfully I bought the return insurance from elitecarseats.com, but I just don't know what to do. I am not ready for my 7 year old not to have a seat. I'm considering trying a Radian rear facing next to a Radian forward facing, but I'm not sure that would work. I think probably three Radians would, but I know I'm not getting my ds into a Radian at this point.

Thanks for listening to me vent.

Joolsplus2
05-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Did you try the Cleks unLATCHed? I usually can't fit anything if they are hooked in, but if the latch connectors are just jammed into the seat bight, and they are pushed a little outwards towards the door, it's fine (I mean, not *easy*, but fine...).

I'd *think* the Orbit and Radian and Clek would work in some order... no?

Joolsplus2
05-09-2008, 05:05 PM
PS, yeah, 7 is WAY too young to go seatless...if worse comes to worst, get a RideSafer Travel Vest.

californiagirl
05-09-2008, 05:12 PM
You can definitely fit 3 across in a Prius with a RideSafer, but it's not what you'd call convenient.