PDA

View Full Version : ISO the gentlest, mildest disposable wipes!

citymama
05-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Our DD breaks out in a diaper rash with Pampers Sensitive and most other kinds of wipes. At home we use water and TP/cloth wipes, or if we use disposable wipes, we rinse off the wipes before using (and then have to towel dry her!). At daycare, they require disposable wipes (no cloth). I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for the least chemically, mildest, gentlest wipes I can get. Your advice would be appreciated! Thanks.

GeekLady
05-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Can't you give them rolls of the nice cloth-like paper towels (like Viva) and ask that they just use water? They have to have a sink by the changing area for handwashing anyway.

JBaxter
05-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Take an empty wipe container then cut a roll of viva paper towels in half to make 2 short rolles pull of each sheet and make a stack put them in the empty wipe container ( or some type of rubbermaid container) Mix 2 cups of water with a table spoon of your baby bath and pour it over the paper towels. Works great I used my homemade wipes with my 1st 2 sons.

erosenst
05-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Abby had incredibly sensitive skin. We always had success with Huggies Naturals wipes. They're alcohol and fragrance free, and for some reason more gentle than the Pampers Sensitive.

HTH -

Emily

egoldber
05-09-2008, 08:09 PM
We also prefer the Huggies Naturals. Much better than the Pampers sensitive IMO. The Costco wipes are OK too.

ThreeofUs
05-10-2008, 08:43 AM
We used 7th Generation, and rinsed them out slightly in warm water before using.

cvanbrunt
05-10-2008, 11:56 AM
I like Huggies Sensitive. I didn't like the Pampers Sensitive, either.

DrSally
05-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Take an empty wipe container then cut a roll of viva paper towels in half to make 2 short rolles pull of each sheet and make a stack put them in the empty wipe container ( or some type of rubbermaid container) Mix 2 cups of water with a table spoon of your baby bath and pour it over the paper towels. Works great I used my homemade wipes with my 1st 2 sons.

That's a great idea.

edurnemk
11-26-2008, 08:54 PM
I use Seventh Generation, since all they have is water, Vitamin E and Aloe.

edurnemk
11-26-2008, 08:55 PM
I use Seventh Generation unscented wipes when out of the house, since all they have is water, Vitamin E and Aloe.

alirebco
11-26-2008, 11:10 PM
We use cloth wipes but when we used disposable, we used the 7th Generation. We use them for wiping faces and eating out now and they are great for DS's sensitive skin.

rl42382
12-08-2008, 08:56 PM
she can only wear all in one cloth diapers like bum genieus or use g diapers but change frequently and not for over night. we only use ocassionally the playtex nursing wipes they have whitch hazel and v.e and are flushable also they are the only ones that she dosent break out from. i also have a spray bottle of the first years lanolin spray oil, a bottle of mylanta in a little travel spray bottle and some whitch hazel to keep the area healthey i aalso apply at every diaper change calmoceptine zinc oxide cream it is very high% OF ZINC AND CALAMINE AND SOME OTHER STUFF IT REALLY WORKS WITH SOME CALMOCEPTINE POWDER ON TOP IT IS ALSO ZINC BASED NOW THESE WIPS CAN BE FOUND AT TARGET OR DIAPERS>COM IT CAN BE AT MORE PLACES BUT I HAVENT CHECKED I FIND THESE ARE THE MOST CONVINIENT FOR ME ALSO I USUALLLY USE IT ONLY OUT OF THE HOSE AT HOME I USE CLOTH OR TISSUES MY DD WAS FINE UNTILE SHE WAS !% MONTHS AND DEVELOPED A RASH FROM DISPOSABLE DIAPERS IT WAS SO BAD IT TURNED INTO AN ACID BURN NOTHING HEALED IT FOR # MONTHS WE TRIED EVERY THING INCLUDING MEDS SND ORAL ANTIBOTICS WE ENED UP SWITCHING TO CLOTH AND THAT HELPED I SWITCHED TO G DIAPERS DURING THE DAY BECAUSE IT WAS EASIER FOR US A LITTLE LESS TO WASH AND MORE TO FLUSH DISPOSE OR COMPOST IF YOU WANT TO IT REALLY HOLDS IT IN FOR A LONG TIME WITH OUT LEAKING MY MOTHER IN LAW ALSO HAPPENS TO BE A NURSE PRACTITIONER WHO SPECIALIZES IN WOUND AND OSTEMY CARE SO SHE RECOMANDED CERTAIN PRODUCTS LLIKE CALMOCEPTINE AND I USE THIS NO RINSE BED SIDE CARE FROM COLOPLAST SHAMPOO AND INCONTINT CLEANSER TIN THE WATER OR DIRECTLY APPLIED TO THE AREA IT PROTECTS AND CLEANSES THE AREA IT DOES STING A LITTLE WHENT IT IS RAW AND BLOODIE BUT OTHERWISE IT WORKS GREAT YOU CAN SOAK PAPER TOWELS IN THAT YOU CAN GET IT ORDERED IN BY YOUR DRUG STORE I USUALLY USE IT WITH WIPS OR TISSUES OR CLOTH TO CLEANSE HER

KHF
12-10-2008, 01:24 PM
DD is also very sensitive. At home we use cloth wipes, but for out we use Huggies Sensitive. We have also used Viva paper towels and water for bad breakout times.

amldaley
12-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Unless your lo has reactions to citric acid, we liked NatraCare (if you can find them! You can order online though at drugstore.com)

Otherwise, Huggies Sensitive.

MontrealMum
12-10-2008, 01:49 PM
Just a warning ...you might want to ask how they do the diaperchanging at the daycare. I was providing 7th Generation because DS is very sensitive too, only to find out that they use ONE box/bag of wipes for all the kids until it's gone, then they move onto another. They don't have the room to keep 10 different types by the changing area, so they just mark down which parents' turn it is to bring more. Everything else is labelled for personal use, but not the wipes. So, before you go spending lots of time, energy, and money on something special - make sure you know that they're actually going to be used for your child.