PDA

View Full Version : Problem with MA Buckle?

August Mom
05-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Is this normal or do I have a problem with my MA's buckle?

I know that the harness is not actually fastened until the metal parts from both sides are inserted into the buckle and you hear a click. However, I have noticed that with DD RFing in the MA, whenever I fasten the right side (facing the seat) first that side slips out of the buckle. However, if I fasten the left side first, the left side stays in the buckle while I fasten the right side. I have to be really careful that she's securely fastened. DS actually noticed it the first time, telling me that her harness was unfastened. So, now I am extra careful but it is troubling me that perhaps there is a problem even if I double check that it's fastened before driving.

FWIW, I have never used this seat RFing and DS buckled himself in it before that 90+% of the time the previous 2 years and never complained of a problem?

Any suggestions? Should I order a new buckle?

FWIW, this seat is from spring 2006.

KAK22
05-09-2008, 09:42 PM
In the manual there are directions for cleaning the buckle. I would try that first, but if that doesn't work, then I would definitely call to get a different buckle.

bubbaray
05-09-2008, 11:35 PM
I have 2 MAs and don't have that problem. I would call Britax and get a new buckle.

Good luck!

Joolsplus2
05-10-2008, 07:55 AM
Wow, this problem is happening to everyone lately...must be tree pollen in the buckles? :p Try rinsing the buckle and if that doesn't help, call them for a new buckle, definitely (rinsing instructions are in the manual :))

lorinick
05-12-2008, 02:35 PM
I had this smae problem last week with my BLVD. and the right side came undone or wasn't in correctly. I got to my next stop to find my 9 mt. old not latched properly. I didn't try cleaning it. My seat way only 2.5 mts. old. I returned it to BRU for another BLVD. and the new one clicks on both sides. So now I can be sure it's correct. Call Britax for a new buckle.