PDA

View Full Version : have you climbed into your baby's crib?

mezzona
05-09-2008, 10:57 PM
wondering if anyone else has climbed into their dc's crib.. i've done it a couple times when i've gotten desperate to help dd fall asleep. what are cribs weight limits?

vludmilla
05-10-2008, 08:16 PM
I've jumped in on a few occasions too. Unless your crib appears flimsy, I'd say, if you can actually fit in there, then the weight isn't a problem.
Maybe someone has a more precise answer.

joyful mommy
05-10-2008, 09:14 PM
I admit to having done this a few times (with DC2). I got the idea from a friend who confided she'd done this a few times. Both of us were feeling desperate to get our babies to go to/stay asleep at naptimes.

Each time I wondered about the weight limit too! Thankfully, it's no longer an issue here.

Some babes seem to have a much more difficult time than others. I never got anywhere near this point with DC1.

Good Luck!

overcome
05-10-2008, 10:57 PM
The thought has crossed my mind! Never did it and at this point, probably never will. I bring her in my bed on the occasions when she is sick/won't sleep/etc.

My question is this...how the heck did you get back out? Surely not while the baby is still sleeping...

mezzona
05-11-2008, 01:11 AM
The crib is very sturdy and the side is stationary. I climb out when she is asleep. I'll probably check w/ the manf in regards to the weight limit. I had my husband climb in when we assembled it, so I felt okay climbing in the first time.

TraciG
08-29-2008, 09:55 AM
I was in the crib when DD was a baby but just for fun with her !! She was probably a toddler at the time.