PDA

View Full Version : FIRST green veggies?

SASM
05-09-2008, 11:17 PM
DD is 7.5 mos old. We just started solids at 6mo. That being said, I am having the worst time trying to get her to eat green veggies!! Any ideas? She eats sweet potato, squash (acorn, butternut, and yellow summer), and Earth's Best cereals with pureed banana. If I am lucky, I can hide a little avocado under some cereal but that is about it. She cannot stand green beans, zucchini, or peas. Any ideas??? Oh...She ONLY eats homemade. I've tried giving her jarred Earth's Best and she spits it all out ~ even her favorites. UGH!!!

I have heard of a few frozen baby food lines at Whole Foods that I WILL try but have heard that they are a "combination" of foods ~ just waiting to test the other foods that are mixed with the green veggie before I try them.

Any other ideas??

Neatfreak
05-10-2008, 12:16 AM
Well, I can anti-recommend okra. I made a batch of pureed okra and the stuff just doesn't freeze well. When it defrosted, it's texture was really foamy and slimy.

Broccoli? Kale? One of my friend's babies actually loved kale ...

To be honest, it just might make sense to wait awhile and try again with green veggies when they can be served as finger foods. Your daughter just might find them more appealing in a different texture.