PDA

View Full Version : 2 car seats in Volvo

irishob
05-10-2008, 03:04 PM
I have a 19 month DS who is currently RF a a Marathon in the middle position in a Volvo XC70. He is 33 lbs and quite tall (always been >95% in height but Dr appt this week so unsure of exact height). His legs look uncomfortable but he doesn't seem to mind. We are expecting another DS in June. I have a couple of questions:

1. It seems from other posts it would be best to put the Marathon on a side and our Keyfit in the middle. Both my husband and I are tall so the seats are back quite far and I am not sure the Marathon would fit on a side position. Even in the middle it is touching the front. It is okay to do Marathon RF in middle and add the Keyfit on a side? Am I do something I can do to make it fit behind one of the front seats?

2. We will also be using a second car after we move in July. Any thoughts on a second toddler seat for a big kid? Ideally able to keep him RF as long as possible ( I think the marathon is 40 lbs for RF)--the second car is s Mazda 6? We love our Marathon but maybe looking for a little cheaper second option as we will be using a third car when the au pair arrives!

Thanks for any input or thoughts!
Carrie

bubbaray
05-10-2008, 03:25 PM
I have a 19 month DS who is currently RF a a Marathon in the middle position in a Volvo XC70. He is 33 lbs and quite tall (always been >95% in height but Dr appt this week so unsure of exact height). His legs look uncomfortable but he doesn't seem to mind. We are expecting another DS in June. I have a couple of questions:

1. It seems from other posts it would be best to put the Marathon on a side and our Keyfit in the middle. Both my husband and I are tall so the seats are back quite far and I am not sure the Marathon would fit on a side position. Even in the middle it is touching the front. It is okay to do Marathon RF in middle and add the Keyfit on a side? Am I do something I can do to make it fit behind one of the front seats?

2. We will also be using a second car after we move in July. Any thoughts on a second toddler seat for a big kid? Ideally able to keep him RF as long as possible ( I think the marathon is 40 lbs for RF)--the second car is s Mazda 6? We love our Marathon but maybe looking for a little cheaper second option as we will be using a third car when the au pair arrives!

Thanks for any input or thoughts!
Carrie

Your son is at or near the max for RFg for the MA I think. Check your manual. I'm in Canada and some MAs here are 33lbs, others are 30lbs. IIRC, some of the newer US MAs are 35lbs. I'm pretty sure its not 40lbs RFg, but check your manual. There should also be a sticker on the side of the MA.