PDA

View Full Version : B!tches!

ha98ed14
05-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Well, this is the B!tching Post, so I am going to complain about exactly that!
I am so fed up with other women who think they are always right, are preachy and in your face about their opinions, can never see anyone else's perspective, always think their way of doing something is the ONLY right way, and are otherwise just nasty human beings! I hate the cattiness, the my child is better than your child, and the self-righteousness is AMAZING! I almost cannot believe these women can say the things they do.

Dear God,
Please help me to forgive when I feel hurt, to give people, especially other moms, the benefit of the doubt, to keep my judgemental opinions to myself, or better even, to not be judgemental.
Amen.

Ok. I feel better.

Wife_and_mommy
05-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Dear God,
Please help me to forgive when I feel hurt, to give people, especially other moms, the benefit of the doubt, to keep my judgemental opinions to myself, or better even, to not be judgemental.
Amen.

Ok. I feel better.

Amen to that! It's hard to listen to the egos of people like that esp. if one isn't interested in participating.

Hugs to you!

R2sweetboys
05-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Sing it sista!! :thumbsup:

kijip
05-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Judgement about judgement is ironically enough still judgement. Catty, preachy, always, only, nasty are after all judgmental words. ETA: to say nothing of calling people bitches.

We all have the things that make us tick. We make judgments everyday. I can't imagine sharing the opinions of many people here and IRL, but I can learn from them just the same and over time change or grow or shift my own opinion. Of course there are a zillion ways to do things. And I have observed far more mamas and women learning from each other and challenging their own beliefs than I have people that are without flexibility, diplomacy or savvy. Believing in oneself or one's values and opinions enough the defend them is not a bad thing.

ha98ed14
05-10-2008, 11:04 PM
Judgement about judgement is ironically enough still judgement. Catty, preachy, always, only, nasty are after all judgmental words. ETA: to say nothing of calling people bitches.

This is my thread, so I am not going to hold back:

DELETED

The moms here are so great. I have gotten so much advice and support from so many: KBecks, egoldber, SnuggleBuggles, omom, bubbaray, and so many others. They share their experience, advice and opinions in ways that are supportive and not combative. Take a page from their book, Please.

__________________________________________________ __________________
Edited to comply with the request that I modify my response to kijip's post:

kijip- this is my thread where I came just to blow off some steam about people I found difficult in real life. I don't appreciate you arguing with me about my feelings in my thread. This is after all the B. Post and should be a place where we can come just to get our feeings out. I know you said you like to debate and discuss. That is fine. Just please do not debate me in my feelings when I have expressed them in an appropriate place.

fortato
05-10-2008, 11:23 PM
This is the best bitching post ever.

Can I just say ditto while I admire your balls of steel?

Jenn98
05-10-2008, 11:26 PM
:bowdown: I miss being able to rate people.

TaChapm
05-10-2008, 11:39 PM
This is the best bitching post ever.

Can I just say ditto while I admire your balls of steel?

:yeahthat:

kijip
05-11-2008, 12:12 AM
I'll be the first to admit that I talk a lot, if not too much a fair bit. :hysterical:

That said, if you think in my 6000+ posts here I have not helped, supported or lent a hand, then you are wrong based on the friends I have made, the many positive ratings I received on the old boards and the number of personal messages and emails I have received thanking me for my support or whatnot. I find interest in discussion and discourse, not debate for debate's sake. My style is pretty direct, I know that better than any one here, but most people that look for nuance see me for the diplomatic, kind and caring person that I am. What can I say? I type very fast and tend to like to share when I can. In the time I have posted, I have actually changed my mind and opinions many times- I am not rigid in my thinking. It is not easy to silence me, either by calling me names or telling me to shut up. I accept that you don't like me, but my goal is not to please all...just learn, give and have something of an outlet for my procrastination quota. :ROTFLMAO: It saddens me to see that it is apparently now ok on BBB to call people names, even swear at them, and then also say the reason you are doing it is because they make the boards uninviting. What is less inviting- chatty discourse or coy BP posts that contain direct insults?

ha98ed14
05-11-2008, 12:46 AM
It saddens me to see that it is apparently now ok on BBB to call people names, even swear at them, and then also say the reason you are doing it is because I make the boards uninviting. What is less inviting- chatty discourse or coy BP posts that contain direct insults?

You are accusing me of directing my original post to you. It was not directed to you at all. It had nothing to do with you. It had to do with people IRL that I am dealing with. I came to the B!tching Post to let off steam about it, not to bait you. The only reason I addressed you directly is because your post in my thread was argumentative and combative. I never called you a name or swore at you in my response to you.

ILoveLucy
05-11-2008, 10:09 AM
I'm a long-time lurker, more recent member. Not that Katie needs me to defend her, but she is one of the best members this board has ever had, and I've been reading here for a couple of years. I don't always agree with her, in fact I often don't, but her posts are always interesting, insightful, and kind. I know lots of mothers and children have benefitted from her support and contribution over the years, my child and I included.

MamaMolly
05-11-2008, 10:54 PM
I'm a long-time lurker, more recent member. Not that Katie needs me to defend her, but she is one of the best members this board has ever had, and I've been reading here for a couple of years. I don't always agree with her, in fact I often don't, but her posts are always interesting, insightful, and kind. I know lots of mothers and children have benefitted from her support and contribution over the years, my child and I included.

Fine but the OP came to a 'safe' place to let off some steam from a situation IRL, not to be picked on about the way in which she chose to vent. Who is bating whom?

squimp
05-12-2008, 12:07 AM
Well, this is the B!tching Post, so I am going to complain about exactly that!
I am so fed up with other women who think they are always right, are preachy and in your face about their opinions, can never see anyone else's perspective, always think their way of doing something is the ONLY right way, and are otherwise just nasty human beings! I hate the cattiness, the my child is better than your child, and the self-righteousness is AMAZING! I almost cannot believe these women can say the things they do.

I hear you! I agree, and I can't stand that either. I know many people like this, and sometimes I wish I could play their words back so they can hear how pompous they sound. It drives me crazy!!!

And vent away! This is the BP!

Melanie
05-12-2008, 10:38 AM
Fine but the OP came to a 'safe' place to let off some steam from a situation IRL, not to be picked on about the way in which she chose to vent. Who is bating whom?

I have to agree with you.

And to the OP, that must be frustrating!! I hope you have a know-it-all-free week. :)

kijip
05-13-2008, 11:52 PM
. I never called you a name or swore at you in my response to you.

I really didn't think you had directed the 1st post at me until what you wrote about me in the second post. But you did personally attack me in the second post, which some posters here find amusing. I just wanted to thank you for deleting it as I see it is now gone. Thank you. We all have our days, I don't see anyone here as a caricature of their posts and I hope people return the favor. As you know, I sent you a PM apologizing for stepping on your toes. You posted un-specifically to vent and we all need that sometimes. The dynamics of the BP sometimes confuse me, even after of 4 years posting since I have seen many dissenting voices in BP threads sometimes. I can totally see how that can be seen as baiting by some, even though that was not at all my intention. I merely thought it was a touch ironic to judge judgment.

Hopefully whatever it is that is bugging you about your IRL friends (or frenemies as the case may be) will resolve itself. Remember that when people act in some of those ways, they are sometimes compensating for a low self esteem or insecurities. Your IRL peeps should go bowling with my BIL. :p

I am sure that some people will see this as me trying to have the last word, but really it is to extend an olive branch in the hopes I am able to be more welcoming to you and others.