PDA

View Full Version : Britax vs. Evenflo in a Prius

j lo
05-10-2008, 08:33 PM
DH and I spent an inordinate amount of time in BRU tonight trying to decide between the Britax Marathon and the Evenflo Triumph. We really like that the Triumph is side-impact tested and that it has the memory harness with infinite height adjustment. All the love stories about Britax stopped us short, though.
Anyone have love (or hate) stories about their Evenflo Triumph? We'd especially like to know what carseat Prius owners love.

Thanks in advance:)

August Mom
05-10-2008, 09:07 PM
I've only had 1 Evenflo - a Cozy Carry V infant seat, but it was not my favorite. The straps drove me crazy twisting all the time. So, I would definitely compare the thickness of the straps. If the Evenflo ones are a lot thinner and slippery, you will be much happier with the MA IMO. I am not familiar with the particular Evenflo you are looking at. Also, ease of installation between the Britax and the Evenflo we had was no comparison. The Britax is a snap. I was able to get a very secure install with LATCH in the Prius. We also have a securely installed Radian in the Prius.

Leslie08
05-10-2008, 09:40 PM
I know what you are going through on the Evenflo Truimph vs the marathon.

I love them both. The evenflo is wider and deeper so I am thinking better for rearfacing till 2 yrs. old. I ts a hard call. The marathon is just more slimmer and a little more easier to install. Good luck.
Leslie

lorinick
05-12-2008, 02:24 PM
We have the Evenflo Triumph and love it in my DS car. I have the Britax BLVD. you may want to look at that one if you want a Britax It also has infintite height and also TSIP protection. The Britax is more narrow and takes up a little less space. Check out the BLVD. But Triumph, Marathon or BLVD. all great seats.

noodle
05-12-2008, 03:20 PM
No experience with the Triumph Advance.
We have a Marathon in my parents' Prius for my youngest, and we love it. It is FF now, but when she was RF (to 33 pounds), it was MUCH easier to get her in and out than it was to get her in and out of the same seat in our Subaru. She loved RF in the MA, and complained vociferously when we switched her FF.

That said, I really wanted the EFTA for her; it wasn't out in time for us.

Good luck with your decision.

o_mom
05-12-2008, 05:59 PM
The one downer on the Evenflo is that the harness cannot be replaced. If you have a carsick kid, that could be an issue. The 50 lb weight limit is most likely adequate, but there is a chance it could be outgrown.

If you are really wanting great side impact protection, look at the Boulevard. Honestly, though, Britax tests side impact and the design of the Marathon isn't any different than the Evenflo, basically EPS foam around the head area.