PDA

View Full Version : Fitting 3-across: keep trying until you get it!

KrisM
05-10-2008, 09:07 PM
When I first started researching 3-across for my Malibu, I assumed Radians were the way to go. However, I can only get 2 in next to each other in my car. I can, however, get 2 Radians and a Britax BV in there. The BV sits enough forward of the RN that it puzzles together and saves some of the shoulder room.

Also, I could not fit my old Baby Trend Latch Loc at all. Today, I went to BRU and found 4 seats that would install - the Peg Perego, Safeseat, and Maxi Cosi would all install on the passenger side without a problem. The Chicco Keyfit30 installs on both passenger and driver's side easily. Imagine my surprise when I could get a Safeseat in, but not the 22lb max Baby Trend!

So, my point is, the narrowest won't always fit the problem. Try a bunch of combinations and you might find something that fits and works!

And, hey, I love the Keyfit so far! I was tired of the Baby Trend as I had to put the handle down, and the harness was no longer very smooth. So, a bonus for me!

Neatfreak
05-10-2008, 09:34 PM
I'm glad to hear that all of your hard working trying seat combinations ended with a good solution!

new_mommy25
05-10-2008, 11:45 PM
I'm glad you found a solution. :)

kijip
05-11-2008, 01:08 AM
Great that you found a solution and you make a great point. Also kudos for keeping a sedan with 3 kiddos. If I have not said it already, congrats on #3. I hope you have a nice pregnancy.

KBecks
05-11-2008, 06:34 AM
So did BRU let you take the sample seats out to your car? Were they very helpful with that? We have a minivan as the main car but I am intrigued with getting 3 across in our 2nd vehicle if we need to.

The 3 across in a Prius thread was very interesting! I had thought our next 2nd car would have to be bigger, but it doesn't!

Joolsplus2
05-11-2008, 09:20 AM
:yay:

I'm so happy it works!!! (And yay, a Key Fit...score! ;) )

KrisM
05-11-2008, 09:47 AM
So did BRU let you take the sample seats out to your car? Were they very helpful with that? We have a minivan as the main car but I am intrigued with getting 3 across in our 2nd vehicle if we need to.

The 3 across in a Prius thread was very interesting! I had thought our next 2nd car would have to be bigger, but it doesn't!

Yes, I took 2 at a time to my car. I just needed to leave my driver's license at the customer service counter. I came back and got 2 more. Very helpful about that.

KrisM
05-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Great that you found a solution and you make a great point. Also kudos for keeping a sedan with 3 kiddos. If I have not said it already, congrats on #3. I hope you have a nice pregnancy.

We figure we'll have a minivan in a few years once kids want to bring friends along, etc. But, we're not ready to spend the money yet!

Pregnancy is going well. Only 10 weeks to go :). Thanks.