PDA

View Full Version : Help with seat - 4 year old/almost 40lbs - Will only be in it 2-3x a month

mrshalco
05-11-2008, 09:18 PM
DS will be 4 tomorrow. At a recent sick visit he was 39lbs. He is in a MA in my car (civic) and a Radian 65 in our family car (explorer). DH has a RA in his work truck and we will need to replace that seat due to DS's weight.

DS is only in that truck (Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab) 0-3 times a month on the way home from daycare. I've been thinking of upgrading to a couple different seats. I would like to keep the costs down since he may not even use the seat that often - but would like it to last so that when he grows out of Radian/MA he can move in to it easily!

Ideas/Thoughts on Britax Monarch, Graco Nautilus, Britax Parkway, Safeguard GO, Recaro Vivo, Recaro Vivo lite, Recaro start

Neatfreak
05-11-2008, 10:32 PM
I think that you might get the most bang for the buck out of a seat like the Nautilus as it would last a couple of years in harnessed mode and then your son can ride in it as a HBB for several years beyond that.

Joolsplus2
05-12-2008, 08:24 AM
Yeah, I agree on the Nautilus...you wan to keep him harnessed at least another year, and this will do it (taller than the MA or RN :)), and it makes a fine booster later (even become backless when he's much older).

:)