PDA

View Full Version : Providence, RI & Roger Williams Park Zoo

MimiSirois
05-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Hi! - My soon to be 6yo DD is itching to go to the zoo. We live in western MA, and have already done the Bronx Zoo, so we are thinking about going to Providence and trying out the Roger Williams Park Zoo. which is about 2.5 hours drive for us. I'm thinking we'd probably stay at The Westin, which is attached onto the Providence Place Mall, but I have little idea if this is a good plan. We'd also have our 2YO DS and possibly our 16YO DD.

Any info would be much appreciated! I'm especially interested in knowing if there is a better day to visit the park than other days.

TIA!
Michele

sidmand
05-16-2008, 01:54 PM
Both DH and I went to school in Western MA (and his parents still live there), he worked in Providence and we have membership to the RW Zoo, so I'm probably good to answer some of these!

I don't think there's a better day so much during the week. I wouldn't go on the weekend, and the first Sunday of the month is free admission, so don't go then! It's not a huge zoo, but it's a nice one. And there is a play park outside the zoo area that is pretty nice as well as a carousel, swan boats, and general park places. It's a nice area.

If you're staying in Providence, there is also a small zoo in Attleboro...the Capron Park Zoo. Even smaller than the RW zoo, but it's a nice little zoo if you're looking for something else to do.

There's also the Providence Children's Museum.

My husband used the health club at the Westin (worked at GTECH which is literally across the street from the mall), but I'm not sure we ever stayed there.