PDA

View Full Version : Toddler travel bed question

keschy
05-12-2008, 01:31 AM
We are traveling with 22m DS sson. He still sleeps in a crib at home but does not like a pack n play. I am thinking of either an aerobed or a peapod.
I am wondering if he would roll off of the aerobed-he is an active sleeper. Has anyone had their child roll off? Also is a peapod big enough for a 2 year old?

new_mommy25
05-12-2008, 04:06 AM
We had one of those Ready Beds for DS and he really liked it. It has a pillow and blanket built in. He never fell out.

Melbel
05-12-2008, 06:17 AM
Our DS and DD were also happy sleeping in Ready Beds (essentially, inflatable sleeping bags with built in pillow). The kids are zipped into the bed, so they cannot fall out. My only complaint is that the beds are a bit noisy when the kids shift or roll over during the night, if you are all sleeping in the same room. The beds are available in many different designs, so you can allow your DS to help pick out his new big boy travel bed.

Mikey0709
05-12-2008, 01:08 PM
We have a kids aerobed (with raised sides) and yes - my almost 3 year old rolls off all the time. (but somehow stays asleep!). He's an active sleeper too and i think the peapod was a little small for him because he moves around so much. the aerobed is still the best option for us - since it's closer to the floor and i don't have to worry about him getting hurt. I'm considering travel bedrails - - but that still worries me!