PDA

View Full Version : AUGH! Who DOES that?!

cmo
05-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Another small DH gripe here! The toilet in our powder room was clogged, due to DS's overzealous toilet paper use. So, he gets out the plunger and tries to unclog it. Granted, our plunger is not the best quality, and this toilet has an odd angle on the drain, so it's not easy to get the job done. To assist in the job, DH brings up a paint-stirrer stick to use in poking and prodding. This ain't no regular size stick, either, it's one of the big ones used for the 5 gallon drums! Anyways, I did not know this at the time, and after he finished I went into the bathroom.

Me: Why is there a big paint stick in the bathroom trash can? (This is a tiny powder room trash can, made of bamboo or wicker, maybe a foot high, the stick is easily twice its height.)

DH, proudly: I used it to fish out the toilet gunk! (This explains the plastic bag of stuff he carried out to the trash can.)

Me: So the stick touched all kinds of yuck, and you thought that was a good place to dispose of it?

DH: Yup!

Me: You don't think the kids will find it and start playing with it? (This is the only bathroom on this floor of the house; we have 3 kids under 6.)

DH, sheepishly: Oh, well, uh, I dunno...

AUGH! Who DOES that?! At least the toilet is unclogged!

What delightful 'Who DOES that' moment have you had recently?

:-) Chris

psophia17
05-12-2008, 03:54 PM
DS2 was asleep when it was time to take DS1 to preschool. MIL is home from work today, so I asked her to keep an ear out while I dropped DS1 off. If he woke up, lunch (cheese sandwich, cut up grapes, milk in a sippy cup) was waiting for him.

I return about 15 minutes after I left, to find DS2 awake, and happily eating a bag of mini Rolos. He kindly offered me one. And not surprisingly, lunch was untouched.

Rolos? For a 1.5yo's lunch? Who *does* that???