PDA

View Full Version : Moms of Boys - HELP!!

Piglet
05-12-2008, 01:02 PM
DS2 has been doing great with potty training. He hardly had any accidents for a whole month, BUT... when he pees, the pee comes out at the weirdest angle. It shoots out a good 90 degrees from the direction he aims and off to one side too boot. He has gotten EVERYTHING wet in a 5 foot radius on occasion (like last night in the washroom - all the towels in his path). We have gotten into the habit of shoving a wad of TP in front of him so that he gets the TP wet and not us. It works most of the time and other times, he misses even with the added TP. DH is half-jokingly telling me he will build something out of PVC piping to stick on him for when he pees that will direct the pee into the toilet. We have tried standing and that is even worse - he hits the wall next to him sometimes!? Has anyone ever heard of this problem? Will he outgrow it/learn to control it? Do I need to talk to the ped? Urrghhh!

o_mom
05-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Most likely it is nothing, but it could be meatal stenosis. You may want to give a call to the ped to be sure. For the mess, try having him point down as much as possible - a couple fingers on the base usually can do it. I had to "aim" for DS1 for the first month or two until he figured it out.