PDA

View Full Version : Frontier installed on leather with belt

hillview
05-12-2008, 04:08 PM
After reading the posts about the issues with the Frontier installed with seatbelts and it was pretty easy. It installs better than the Radian 80 (which I have issues getting a good install with). I installed it on a Toyota minivan with leather seats. I got a solid install. That said I could see how there could be issues similar to the radian in terms of snugness. I wish they had done lockoffs like they did with the BV.

HTH someone
/hillary

whome?
05-12-2008, 08:16 PM
That helps a lot because I have a 2004 Toyota Sienna with leather, so if you can get a good install I can too--Frontier here we come!! I will just have to read the manual to figure out if I install with seatbelt or latch. I am not sure if my Sienna's manual has a specified weight limit for latch install. My DD is 39 lbs.

Did you use the short-belt path or long belt path? What year Sienna do you have?

Joolsplus2
05-13-2008, 08:45 AM
Toyota defers to the carseat manual, so you'll have to use the belt (Frontier states 40 pounds for LATCH when using the harness)...I'm suspecting Long path, but I'll let her answer :love-retry:

hillview
05-13-2008, 10:43 AM
DS is 39 lbs so still using LATCH (just barely). When I installed with the belt, I used the only path I know of, it is short and where the LATCH clips are. I read the manual and didn't see a second path -- what am I missing? My Sienna is a 2008.
HTH
/hillary

Joolsplus2
05-13-2008, 11:19 AM
They have an addition to the manual to do it the long belt path way...until the manual changes they should send you an update for your old manual.

Here's a .pdf with the long path install instructions: http://www.britaxusa.com/uploads/docs/15_730242432.pdf

If it installs fine with the regular belt path, that's great...but SO many people got their seat and complained about poor installs with the short path that they went ahead and added this alternate installation with lap/shoulderbelts. Britax rocks... :)

hillview
05-13-2008, 12:04 PM
OOOH I think I have to try this!! It looks like it might be a lot better install. Will give it a go and report back in!

That said, I did feel good about the short path install. It just isn't as great as LATCH or the BV belt install with lockoffs.
/hillary

sivan
05-13-2008, 01:35 PM
got a solid install today with the long belt path in my 07 Odyssey, third row outboard. the install was REALLY bad with the short belt path install. but i'm having one issue, if anyone can help me out!

it's in tight. but here's the thing- because of the way the sides of the seat curve in, when i pull the belt super tight, it draws tight over the seat (yes i'm under the fabric), and i think would be noticeable to any kid sitting in the seat. i don't know if that makes sense, but what i mean is, if i leave it a touch looser, the belt is there but just sits flat against the shell of the seat, the fabric is over it, no problem. but if i pull it very tight then the belt doesn't sit flat against the back shell, it's drawn tighter and therefore more toward the front fabric. and you'd certainly feel it through the fabric when sitting in it. what am i doing wrong? would like to pull it as tight as possible.....

sivan
05-13-2008, 02:10 PM
okay, just kidding. was just told over at car-seat.org that it needs to go behind the seat, not just behind the fabric. going out to fix that seat yet again! but at least it'll be done!

Joolsplus2
05-13-2008, 02:18 PM
Oh, you poor long belt path virgin...you have so much to learn... :ROTFLMAO:

sivan
05-13-2008, 04:46 PM
omg, i really was a virgin. i KNEW i was doing it wrong, but absolutely couldn't figure out why since it just didn't make sense. I can do a roundabout or a keyfit in my sleep, but as of 3pm this afternoon I broke my cherry and have got the LBP done in my car!!!!! and ds said- COMFY!

Joolsplus2
05-13-2008, 05:13 PM
:ROTFLMAO: :hysterical:

Well, I'm glad it works...I'm totally getting one of those when Leah's FF or when she's too tall for the Roundabout (she's already FF in daddy's car and totally almost at the top of the RA, she's an amazon, I swear...)