PDA

View Full Version : how many bottles

scoop22
05-13-2008, 09:58 AM
how many bottles do you use on a regular basis?
i am tossing all of ds1 bottles (which we had SOOOO MANY)
and updating with new ones. i don't want to buy alot since they are more expensive. just getting an idea on what others do?

ds is bf. taking a bottle a day till i go back to work in september.

tia :bouncy:

nupe
05-13-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm using fifty right now. All medela, mostly the ones that hold 6 oz, and a few that hold under 3 oz. The reason is that DS didn't like the bottle and daycare discards unused milk. So I had to aliquot into small amounts, so used many bottles. For example, lots of 0.5oz-1oz-2oz early on. Then he got up to 3oz/feeding, now back to 1-3, so I still take about 6-8 bottles fresh milk in /day in addition to frozen bags. Then I have the six bottles I take to work to pump into, and the other ones in the fridge that I use for cereal, and the ones that are washing/drying. Sometimes we forget to pick up the bottles at school, so I didn't want to be stuck because of that either. When I had a nanny for DS1, I did fine with 25 bottles. She could pour out what she needed for a feeding into a bottle so I didn't have to give her a bunch of 1oz bottles instead of leaving a 5oz bottle in the fridge. Our daycare can't split bottles like that.

wendibird22
05-13-2008, 12:04 PM
I think I have like 9 or 10 medelas. I take 4 to work to pump into and send 3 each day to daycare. There's usually 1 or 2 in my fridge with small amounts that I use for DDs cereal.

elephantmeg
05-13-2008, 01:56 PM
I have seperate feeding bottles and storing bottles. 10ish storage (medella bottles) and 2 or so feeding bottles at the moment (I'm still on leave too). Eventually I'll need 8-12 or so feeding bottles I think-4 a day and 12-15 pumping bottles-but the ones from last time are still good since they were all medella. I'm in the process of altering my Dr Brown parts to fit the parent's choice bottles and throwing away the bottles themselves. I hear a calk cutter works well, I need to locate one, I'll be FIL has one :)

mamaoftwins
05-13-2008, 02:48 PM
I used 1 box of the Medela bottles for storage in the fridge (and to feed out of when they were little - I think 12 come in a box?), using the Lansinoh bags to freeze any more in.

For feeding, I have enough bottles so that I only have to wash all once per day (I handwash b/c I hate running a half-empty dishwasher everyday). So, for my two guys, I use 10 bottles/day now that they're on formula - they take a bottle roughly 5 times per day. After they eat, I take the bottles apart, rinse them out, and toss them in a rubbermaid sink bucket. Then, I wash all at the same time after the boys go down for a nap. Just part of my routine. :)

So, how many bottles you get just depends on how often you'll be using a bottle and how often you feel like washing them. :)

codex57
05-13-2008, 03:23 PM
6 of the big Born Free bottles. Just barely enough. Usually 1 left at the end of the day. DS is 7 months. When he was younger, he ate less but more frequently so we had a lot more of the Medela ones.